Chapter 6~ Enemies and Loners

Začít od začátku

He glared at me.

"You could have. You should have. Your mother is on her way now to come get you." He stated.

I didn't react. Just as long as my father wasn't coming too.

"That's it?" I asked, ready to get out of there.

His office was giving me the creeps. He shook his head no and stood up, sitting on his desk right in front of me.

"Lily, you may not know this but I've known your mother for a very long time. She was a friend of mine in high school. She told me to look after you, make sure you didn't get yourself in trouble. I like your mother Lily and I like you too. I don't want to suspend you. And I'm not going to but I should. Instead you have to stay in detention after school on Friday."

I smiled sweetly.

"Look Mr. Townly.....I appreciate that you want to look after me but....I don't need you or anyone to look after me." I growled.

He stared at me.

"I don't need anyone so if you'll just give me my slip for detention, I'll take it and be on my way."

He sighed but gave it to me. I stood up and walked out of the office, wiping the blood off my lip. My ankle hurt badly but I ignored it. I limped towards the front of the school and saw Riley with Anjelica. Riley looked towards me and I glared at him. He looked down at his shoes and I continued to walk until I got outside. I wasn't going to fall for that I'm sorry crap. Just then my mom pulled up in front of me. She rolled down the window and gave me a dirty look.

"Get in the car." She whispered, trying to control her anger.

I sighed and got in the back, and she pulled away. I was waiting for her to start speaking but she didn't say a word. I opened my mouth to say something but she beat me to it.

"When we get home, you go straight to your room, do your homework and stay there for the rest of the night."

I didn't say anything.

We stopped at a red light and she turned around and looked at me.

"What did we ever do to you for you to treat us like this?" She asked.

I stared at her.

"You guys treat me like crap." I grumbled.

She shook her and turned back around.

"No we don't. You just think that."

I rolled my eyes at her and looked out the window. We drove on in silence.

"So why'd you get in that fight anyway?" She asked.

"Some bitch started it." I mumbled.

She glared at me through the rearview mirror.

"Language Lily." She warned.

I rolled my eyes again and kept staring out the window. Finally we pulled into the driveway. I slammed the door and stomped into the house, almost running into my father.

"Bedroom. Now." He spit out.

I sighed and looked at Jaime and Sonya who were standing behind him. Sonya was smirking at me and Jaime was looking at me in awe. I smiled at him and ruffled up his hair as I walked past, walking up the steps and into my room. My father was right on my heels. He slammed the door and the yelling started.

"What the hell happened today?!"

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry I didn't get suspend. All I got was this stupid paper saying I gotta go to detention on Friday." I stated and shrugged my shoulders.