Chapter Thirty Nine: A Moment To Breathe

Start from the beginning

Asami: "Kadan?" I ask Korra curiously. She simply smiles at me. I know what it means now. I may steal the word for Alistair. Hm.

*TIMESKIP*

(Your POV)

I have since finished showering and have gotten dressed. Korra and Olivia were already gone before I got out. I am waiting in the courtyard for Tonraq, Senna and Kya. The three of us will be heading to a nearby town to pick me up a proper suit for the wedding. I smile at the thought... Maybe one day me and Korra could get married. Given enough time I mean. Jumping straight to it is like wanting to break your own foot. So... Maybe in a few years. I smile at the thought...I wonder how I would do it. I mean for the gods' sake I can't even say 'I love you' properly even though it's true. Korra tells me she knows but still. I need to say it or try to I suppose. I snapped out of my thoughts as In airship begins to dock at the temple. Once it lands I approach it. Just as I get close the door opens and I am greeted by three familiar faces. Kya immediately jumps out of the ship and embraces me in a tight hug which I happily return. Once we separate she's smiling wide at me.

Kya: "Missed you." Kya says happily to me. I chuckle at her and nod my head in a yes fashion.

You: "Missed you to." I said happily. I then am pulled into another hug by Senna which I gladly accept. "Missed you to Senna." I said with a chuckle. She finally lets me go and is smiling wide.

Senna: "You to kid. I'm so excited!" Senna exclaimed. I smile at her attitude.

You: "It's just clothes." I said jokingly to Senna. She punches my arm with a fake pout before laughing a small bit. I chuckle and shake my head at her. I then look at Tonraq whom has a gentle smile on his face. I stick my hand out for him to shake it but he simply takes and puls me in for a quick hug. I chuckle and pat his back before he lets me go.

Tonraq: "Good to see you son." Tonraq said to me calmly. I smile and nod at him. "Ready?" He asks me as he gestures to the airship behind him.

You: "Yep. Korra and the others are already gone so yeah." I said happily and calmly. He nods to me before heading into the ship. Senna follows him closely looking quite excited. I look at Kya whom simply shrugs at me. I chuckle and follow Kya inside.

*TIMESKIP*

(Still Your POV)

I can't quite pronounce this town's name but it does have an excellent clothing store. After we looked through some of their 'proper suits' we learned that my measurements may be unique since nothing fitted exactly as it should. Not shocking I suppose. The stuff I'm wearing now are a size to big so it can fit without bothering my shoulders. So we had my measurements taken and the owner went to the back to fetch me a suit he knew would fit better even if it needed to be hemmed up slightly. I am currently looking through the pants to find one that matches the color I chose. Tonraq is helping me with this while Senna and Kya are looking at dresses.

You: "I've only been to one wedding." I said as I put a pair of pants that were to small back on the rack.

Tonraq: "Truly?" Tonraq asks me. I simply nod yes. "Lucky you. I hate having to wear suits unless I have to." Tonraq said in a calm tone of voice. I chuckle at the statement. "Who's wedding?" Tonraq asked me curiously.

You: "My uncle's actually. It was a rather... Loud affair. Weddings in my clan were more like a party." I said smiling. I hear Tonraq chuckle. "If I remember... Keep in mind it was over ten years ago... My uncle got so hammered after he got married that he asked his new wife if she was single." I said holding in a laugh at the memory. Tonraq just bursts out laughing which makes it harder to not laugh. "When she told him that he was married to her he ran around screaming, 'I'm married to a sexy goddess' or something like that." I said laughing at the memory. I can even hear the man who's been helping me laugh a bit though he's trying to hold it in to look professional.