LowLife | Cashbaby

- Unknown

I started into the screen and watched her as she scrunched up the piece of paper and threw it across the room. I sat in my chair, focusing on her, watching how she broke down in tears. She was beautiful, I've always found the unique one's the prettiest, but still, she was unbelievable. Her hair was half midnight black, half bright blonde. You could tell her skin was soft just by looking at her, her tattoos made it look even more interesting and fun to just look at.

I watched as she paced around the room, the back of her hands pressed against her forehead as tears slipped down her face. I was snapped out of my thoughts by a hand getting placed on my shoulder. I looked up to see a familiar face, she looked just as worried as I felt like I did.

"Should I go and get her?" She asked staring at the screen.

"No, we should let her calm down a bit." I said waving my hand, turning back to the screen.

I watched as she sat back down on the couch and sobbed, her dark eyes searching every wall and corner. Poppy took a seat next to me, she seemed in a trance just as much as me. A small smile crept upon her face.

"I like her." She said, I turned to her and smiled.

"I can see you two being close friends already Pop." I smiled.

"I think she's calmed down, look she's even stopped crying!" Poppy squealed excitedly as she pointed at the huge screen in front of us.

"Go get her Pop, see you at dinner." I smiled before she hopped up and bounced out of the room excitedly, I shook my head before changing over the screen and continued watching a few peasants work.

~~~~~~~

-Melanie

I sat back down on the couch, wiping away my tears. I'm either kidnapped in in the sicko's house or something. Or I'm dead. Somehow, I'm okay with the second option. I noticed a brassy shine out of the corner of my eye. I looked over to see the bell, I bit my lip and got up cautiously. I looked down at it, it was a bright gold with little flowers carved around it. I picked it up and shook gently, a light and high dinging noise ringing around the room.

I waited, nothing happened. I shrugged and took a seat at the couch again tapping my feet on the dark wooded floorboards lightly. Was anyone even here? The devil might be busy I guess. I giggled at my thoughts, I would normally cringe at this, but today, I didn't seem to mind. I wonder if I get all my stuff, clothes, phone, movies ect.

I almost jumped out of my skin at the sound of a loud bang. I looked to my left to see a pair of two huge doors, flying open. I stood up quickly and clenched my fists, if I had to fight a demon or some shit, so be it. I squinted my eyes, why was it so bright in there? My eyes finally adjusted to the white room, revealing a girl, about the same age and height as me, smiling at me. She was so cute, her hair was long and beautiful, her dark green dress complemented her gorgeous eyes. I raised an eyebrow and unclenched my fists.

"Uh, hello?" I called out.

 The small girl waved at me before starting to skip over to me, I took a step back, making sure to keep a space between us. She frowned, but still had a small smile on her face.

"Why are you scared?" She said, her voice was small and sweet.

"Who are you?" I ask confused, she giggled and placed one of her hands on her chest before waving it towards me.

"Oh how rude of me! I'm Poppy." She said, tilting her head to the side slightly.

"Yeah, but who are you?" I said nodding my head towards her.

"I told you silly! I'm Poppy." She laughed.

"No I mean, never mind. Where are we?" I ask looking around.

"We're in hell, didn't you read the note?" She frowned pointing behind me.

"Yeah, I'm sorry I'm just a little confused. How do I get out of this room Poppy."

"Oh, I'll take you to your room. Come on Melanie! we have to get there before dinner starts!" She smiled, wrapping one of her arms around mine.

I decided to trust the girl and walk with her down the white hallway. She stuffed her hand in her pocket and pulled out a pile of green paper. She showed it to me, revealing that it was just a stack of money.

"Want some?"

"Do we need it?"

"no not really." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"What, are trying to buy my friendship Poppy?" I chuckled, she looked down as we walked and shrugged.

"It normally works, I guess you don't want to be friends then?" She said looking down sadly and stuffing the paper back in her pocket.

"Well, no, because we're already friends!" I shrugged, she flashed me a bright smile.

"Really?! No one ever wants to be friends with me!" She said, I laughed at her excitement.

"Well now you have a best friend." I said shoving her arm playfully.

We came to a black door stopping us in our tracks. Poppy pulled out a large black key and jiggled it in the lock. We were then in a long hallway of red and black. We walked down a few doors before stopping at number 23. She handed me a key and stepped back. I unlocked the door, revealing a living room, simular to my old house. I looked around, everything I owned was here, all the rooms were still here, I was home. I turned around to face Poppy.

"Have a nice stay!"

"Wait!" I said and rushed over to the door.

"Where am I suppose to go? What do I do?" I panicked, she furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just stay here and I'll come and get you in about an hour, there are plenty of your favourite movies. You got some weed in the kitchen, and your guitars in your room." She said, pushing my back lightly till I was back in my room.

"Uh ok? thanks I guess. What if I need help?" I say, lifting up my arms slightly.

She slips a jet black phone into one of my hands.

"Call or text me, I gotta go now mel, ciya later!" She waved, blowing me a kiss before skipping down the hallway again.

I watched her until I couldn't see her anymore. I closed the door quietly and yawned, rubbing my eyes. I skipped over to the couch and closed the curtains. I closed my eyes and fell asleep quickly. The only sound, a soft hum from a record player I'd put on before in the background. Who knew hell was so calming and pleasant, or at least for the upperclassmen it is.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya!

I hope you enjoyed the second chapter of this book!

Remember to vote and comment!

Till next time...