And thus, having had the last say and the satisfaction of the dumfounded look on Jack's face while Will burst out laughing, she shut the door firmly in Jack's face.

Will was still chuckling as he stepped across to the door beside Annalise's room, getting ready to go to bed himself.

Jack meanwhile was still staring at Annalise's door before he curved his lip up a little as he murmured admiringly: "Now, that has been a first."

And with that he turned, and sauntered back over to the room he'd booked to share with Will – despite his abhorrence to do so, it was more economical and Jack Sparrow was, unfortunately, already almost broke – only to find Turner had locked the door.

Jack blinked, before he sighed as he heard the distinct sound of Will laughing inside at the same time he realized that he didn't have a key.

"Bugger." Jack muttered, before he paused. He glanced between the two doors to his younger companions, weighing his options before he shrugged.

With a smirk, Jack turned and trotted back down the stairs, heading out in search of some nighttime company.

********

The next morning, Annalise woke up to insistent banging on her door. She got up, rubbing her eyes sleepily as she made her way blearily to the door, mumbling as the other person knocked again impatiently: "Coming, coming."

She opened the door with a yawn, only to jump as Will grabbed her shoulders, saying urgently: "Have you seen Jack?"

"Who?" Annalise asked wittily, and Will repeated impatiently and a bit worriedly: "Jack Sparrow. He never came back last night."

Annalise frowned, asking in confusion: "What do you mean, he never came back last night?"

"I locked him out for a joke." Will explained agitatedly. "And to get back at him for cheating before. Anyway," he went on as Annalise looked bewildered, "I opened it to find he wasn't there. I didn't think too much of it then, but when I woke up this morning, he still wasn't back. I'm certain he never returned last night."

"So?" Annalise asked, before it hit her. "You don't think...?"

Will nodded grimly, and Annalise gasped: "Oh no."

"Exactly." Will agreed, letting go of her and he ordered as he headed quickly for the stairs: "Get your things and meet me downstairs. We have to find him, before he can leave us stranded here."

Annalise quickly turned to grab her sword and her belt – the only things she really needed having not been comfortable enough to remove her clothes despite Jack's reassurances last night – and she quickly ran after Will as she wrapped her belt around her waist.

"Where do you think he may have gone?" She asked worriedly, and Will replied grimly: "I don't know. He could be anywhere-"

He broke off as he screeched to a halt, and Annalise bumped into him.

"Will?" She asked, before she caught sight of what he'd seen.

Jack was sitting at the bar already, and he looked like he was nursing a light hangover. But what really caught their attention was the way his shirt was crumpled and carelessly shrugged on, the strings still opened to reveal most of his shirt. In particular, what caught their eyes was the slightest smear of red lipstick on the collar, and the small bruise-like mark just visible on his chest beneath the opened shirt.

"Oh, for the love of-" Will sighed as he rubbed his face while Annalise rolled her eyes.

Jack, meanwhile, had spotted them, and he waved cheerfully though he winced a little at his own movements.