it's been ten years since my dear mother passed away.

i still remember her beautiful voice singing me a lullaby to make me sleep while she caressed my head with her soft hands.

i still remember how happy she was when her cakes turned out good, and how even happier she was when i tasted them and i told her they were delicious.

and i still remember how ethereal she looked, with her shiny long hair and her bright smile that has never left her pale face once.

she was an angel,
my angel.

•••

"YEIN DINNER'S READY!" i shouted.
after a few seconds i could hear tiny steps coming from the upper floor.

i glanced at the little girl who was now running to the living room to sit on her usual spot. "is that my shirt?" i asked with a little bit of anger in my words.

"oh uhm, y-yes. my pajamas was still wet so i needed something comfortable. sorry, i should've asked before putting it on.." she explained looking down to avoid my gaze.

"it's okay. oh, yein? can you help me with the plates and stuff?" the little girl got up immediately walking to the kitchen as fast as she could.

•••

"so.. how's school going?" i asked taking a sip of the soup.

"great! i've made few friends and all the teachers already like me!" she replied with a wide smile.

"that's goo-" i got interrupted by the sound of a thunder.

my sister and i got up at the exact same moment and we looked at each other.

"we need to collect all the clothes from the drying rack before it starts to rain!" i said rushing outside.

-

i was putting the dry clothes in the wood basket  when i noticed a tall figure standing behind a tree.

"HEY YOU! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING THERE?!" no response. "HEY I'M TALKING TO YOU! LEAVE BEFORE I CALL THE POLICE!" he then run away into the woods.

"damn, what a creep." i told myself before going back inside.

-

that creepy guy kept coming back whenever it was about to rain but he just stood behind that tree without doing anything. not that i cared about him but i didn't want to call the police, at least not before talking to that guy.

there he is again. "what the heck is with this guy.." i thought. no need to say that i was super scared, but nothing could stop me when i was curious about something, nothing, so i took a deep breath and went outside with a knife in my pocket.

"YEIN I'M GOING OUTSIDE FOR A FEW MINUTES! STAY INSIDE I'LL BE RIGHT BACK!"