Prologue : Waking up from the Shadows

Start from the beginning

"Nope! I'm in hell!" i said sarcastically to lighten the mood.

"No your not you idiot! You are at the Godly Veil! I am the God of time, Grados and this is my Lovely wife and the Goddess of the Spirit World, Lorian!" He said with a devious smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Jonah!" Lorian smiled sweetly. "I'm sure you have many questions but unfortunately we don't have the time to answer them! Now come with us, we must show you something!" 

I was so confused by the idea that they were gods and that they wouldn't answer my questions. I looked around the room to find a mirror on the side. I touched my Biracial skin and examined myself in the mirror. I had long black messy hair that clearly needed to be cut and my body was way too skinny. I felt up my ribs and sighed as I ran my hands through my hair. The most shocking thing I noticed about myself was a brightly glowing halo over my head. I thought to myself and wondered what happened to me or if anything happened to me. Did I always look like this? Who am I? 

"Jonah, are you coming?" Lorian said as she noticed my sigh.

"OK I'm coming!" I said as I walked to her and looked back at myself in the mirror.

I followed them into a big hall of golden pillars that floated in the sky, the floor was made out of shiny tan marble that had a picture of Lorian and Grados holding hands. Everywhere you walked the eyes would follow you and smile. It creeped me out so I ran to check up with them.

"Um....where are we going?" I asked nervously.

"We are going to the garden of nutrients for your feeding." Grados said, pointing to a vine with what looked like purple pomegranates growing on it. Lorian bent over and picked one and split it open and handed it to me.

"You must eat it to gain your strength OK!" she said.

I bit into the soft fruit and slurped up the sweet juices. The fruit was nothing like a pomegranate at all. It was very sweet with little seeds, the texture was like eating a grape but its flavor was undecidable. As I ate the fruit i could feel the fat and muscle growing in my body, my pale skin became vibrant and my hair felt like silk. 

"Now if i could find a Barber berry to trim this hair we would be having a good show!" I said with my dull sense of humor.

They pretended they didn't hear me and continued to walk away. I sighed again and started to follow them again.

"Dear Jonah, as you can see this is a lovely place full of happiness and good!" Lorian stated.

"Actually you haven't showed me anything but a garden lady!" I said as I threw my hands over my head.

"You see, Lorian? He's nothing but a bratty kid, how could you possibly believe he can save our world?" Grados shouted.

"Wait what did he just say? Me save the world? Ok now I'm so confused!" I said trying to process all this madness.

Lorian stopped and sighed as she grabbed her forehead and turned to me. "Jonah, there's a reason why I have awoken you from your slumber. You've been dead for a long time now waiting for the day when we would need you to rise again to save the world! You are an Angel Jonah!"

I gasped to the thought of me being an angel. "You've got to be kidding me! I cant be an angel! i barely know who I am! Lady your lucky I even know how to speak!" I shouted.

"Jonah, as I was saying before I was rudely interrupted! This land is a lovely place full of happiness but there are some people in this world who would want to destroy the happiness!" she sighed. " That's where you come in. Angels were created throughout time to slay evil and bring light back to the darkest lands!'