ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴏʏᴀʙᴜɴ-ᴋᴏʙᴜɴ

Oyabun-kobun: (n.) | This relationship is the key to hierarchy in the Yakuza, a set of father-son roles that bind all Yakuza clans together.

🌸 Artist credit: Gjnoel_ on Twitter 🌸

                                       • • •

Oikawa sat a flask of sake on the table. Moments after, he tossed the coaster beside it into the trash can. He pinched the bridge of his nose as he pressed his elbows into his knees.

The painkillers weren't doing a very good job.
With another pill or two he would've downed the entire bottle.

"You should try taking those with water. They might work better."

"Ugh.."
Oikawa rolled over and pulled the comforters over his face as Ushijima got up from the bed to open the blinds.
"Ah, is it a migraine?"

Oikawa shrugged under the covers as rustling noises sounded from the nightstand. He peeked from under to see Ushijima take a sterling silver watch from the drawer. It caught the light from sun outside the blinds, making him slightly wince.

"I'll give Yozuki a call and have him swing by here to check on you."

"It's not worth the trouble honestly. I think I just need a good rest." He rubbed his head, which made his bangs mat on his forehead.

"You won't be able to go to the meeting then. I'll inform my father." Ushijima was turned towards the dresser, taking out the black tie that his father had given him at his induction ceremony.
It was rather odd for him to wear that tie, even if his father were to be at this meeting.
"Ah, but since it's your father's birthday I'd like to go and give my regards. And I want to know how he's doing." Oikawa shifted his head in thought as to what he would like as a present.

"He's doing fine. I'll let him know you're concerned with him."

"If Yozuki's coming by then I'll be able to make it. It's at six o'clock right?"

Ushijima sighed as he went to the closet to grab a black shirt and satin black suit from the hangers. "...You should just stay here tonight."

                                        • • •

Oikawa slumped in his chair as Tendou popped grapes into his mouth from the fruit bowl.

He spoke in between bites as he suspiciously eyed a couple of guys guarding the door.
"He probably doesn't want you to wear yourself out ya know. Or something like that. We're expected to get back pretty late tonight so you shouldn't wait up either."

"But I want to go. I still haven't properly thanked him for the birthday present."

"D'you tell that to Wakatoshi?"

"No. But he's always the one telling me to do what I want so there shouldn't be a problem."

"He's probably saying this for your own good. Maybe you should listen to him this time."

Tendou shrugged and reached to bring the fruit bowl closer towards him.
"We're going to dinner before the meeting though. It's Oyassan's treat so you'd better eat your fill." His small, red pupils gleamed under the dull fixtures.

Some hours later Yozuki arrived at the compound with his indispensable briefcase. He was quite tall with slicked black hair and a cut above his right eyebrow. The man walked with a hop in his gait that he got from a batting incident when he was eleven, one that made his left shank appear bow legged.