1

Sawako Kuronuma sat alone on a park bench, surrounding herself with nature and not people, finally able to find peace. In her chaotic world, only she knew the difficulty of it all. Everyone else was too caught up in making themselves happy that they will do anything to grasp their happiness, even if it meant that someone else has to suffer.

Her eyes wondered as she gazed at the arrays of colours that painted the trees surrounding her. The light glistened on the ground through cracks in the leaves. The light dancing on the floor as if she was watching the Russian ballet. The sun was radiating heat even though it was almost the end of the season yet she still felt cold. It was as if she couldn't be warmed by anything, like her heart had gone cold and all of her feelings had disappeared.

But who could blame her? If anyone had been through what she had, then they would have turned out exactly the same.

Her thoughts wondered as everything around her reminded her of her past. The leaves falling symbolised her parents as they were dragged down by the media and the authorities even though they were innocent human beings. 'Why did they have to leave me? How come I couldn't do anything to save them? What did they ever do wrong?' These thoughts kept wandering through her mind as the wind blew the leaves into mini tornados.

Her long hazel brown hair fell to just below her waist band and was placed half up in a small bun with her fringe gently cascading in front of her forehead, complimented by a dark red lotus flower. Her clothes made her look like a normal everyday person and, more importantly, made her feel normal. Her choice of top was a long-sleeved and blue with white stripes that was neatly placed slightly off of her shoulders, showing off her clear lightly tanned skin that seemed to illuminate in the soft glow of the autumn sun. As well as this, she wore a black skater skirt that matched her black lace up heels that presented her long thin legs to the rest of the world. However, they were not noticeable as long as she was sitting cross-legged on a park bench. Her snow white trench coat covered most of her clothing as if to be careful in case someone noticed her and reported her to the police. All of her belongings, such as her purse and her phone, had been placed into a light brown bag that she had slung over her shoulder. In her hand, she held her favourite book called 'Just One Chance' which stood out against her skin as the book was brightly coloured.

A boy found himself staring at her beauty, but not able to go up to her and engage in a conversation. In his world, everyone wants something to do with him, even if it's just being his cleaner. Everything that he says or does is instantly news. People try to imagine what his so called 'perfect life' would be like. But living in the limelight wasn't always a good thing. There's hate and disloyalty, trust is no longer present and jealousy from others constantly creeps in.

His eyes shined like diamonds that had been clean cut and polished. His soft lips had curled into a dashing smile showing off his gleaming white teeth. His chocolate brown hair rested upon his head and reached to just below his ears. His subtle yet striking features made his face extremely aesthetically pleasing to gaze at and would have made any girl, woman or child fall head over heals in love with him if he simply batted his eyes in their direction.

His overall attire was one that anyone would wear to work, a funeral or a wedding. Of course, he never knew what he would be needed for so he tended to dress like this. A black tuxedo with an intricately decorated handkerchief tucked lightly inside of his breast pocket. To complement this, he wore a white collared shirt, that was tightly fitted and showed off his muscles which proved he had worked on them multiple times and was accompanied with an expensive silk tie which was loosely tied around his neck. His long, toned legs were covered by simple skinny black trousers that perfectly matched his tuxedo. His shoes were made personally for him by Louis Vuitton so they were a perfect fit. They were fairly casual compared to his formal attire even though they had been manufactured by one of the most expensive companies in the whole of South Korea. Decorating his wrist was a Georgia Armani watch which his grandfather had bought him for his 5th birthday which is far too young for anyone to receive such a gift.

He looked over the park, analysing it carefully as he took in the scenery surrounding him. It was beautiful as it always was.

After what seemed like forever, they both made eye contact, but Mari immediately broke it, afraid of what the boy might say if he saw who she was. Her family's name is laced with misfortune; he is submerged in fame and good fortune. She will never know his life and he will never know hers', but somehow, they are connected. Connected by a red string of fate.

Once he finally gained enough courage, the boy walked up to her. His face half covered but still. How could she not? His name and face are in tabloids and magazines day and night. He reached for her hand and for some reason when he held it, she felt safe, something that she hadn't felt in a long time. He handed her a small folded piece of paper and said 'Call this number when you have the chance' and then left without giving her a chance to reply. She unfolded the paper to reveal a phone number and a name.

'Shota Kazehaya

+82 XX XXXX YYYY'