Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

            "Albus oh my god!" Scorpius grinned. 

            "Great progress Albus. You can start of by whispering but the more you use your voice, the better off you'll be."

            "T-thanks." He whispered and then winced.

            "It hurts?" Scorpius asked and Albus nodded. They both looked at the Healer who frowned.

            "It's going to, it's still bruised."

            Would it be okay if I just continued to sign?

            "Sure but your voice won't strengthen." Healer Thompson pointed out.

            "O-okay." Albus whispered. "Speaking is weird." He mentioned in his soft voice.

            "I bet but it's so good to hear your voice again." Scorpius grinned and kissed Albus gently.

            "I love you Scorp." Albus whispered and Scorpius' eyes welled up.

            "It's nice to hear you say that." Scorpius grinned and then looked at the Healer. "Are we done here?"

            "Yes I suppose so. Next week is a holiday however I want to meet with you, is it possible to come to the hospital?" She asked and Albus nodded in response. "Perfect, good day Albus."

            "Good day." He whispered. He hopped down and grabbed Scorpius' hand. They left the hospital wing and Scorpius kissed Albus' cheek.

            "Oh babe, I'm so proud of you." He cooed.

            "T-thanks." Albus grinned.

            "Does it still hurt?"

            "A bit." Albus nodded. "But it's nice to speak." Albus pulled Scorpius and kissed his lips. "And it's good to be able to say I love you."

            "I love you too." Scorpius gave a cheeky grin. "Come on sweetie, let's show Lily what you can do."

~~~

            It was Albus' birthday and he was speaking more. He was able to talk just above a whisper and when he got frustrated, he'd just sign. This time, it was Lily who took the potion so in case he needed to sign, she'd understand.

            Easter came and went, passing slowly and boringly. They went to Molly and Arthur's for dinner and then the Malfoy's for dessert. And Albus had a little more than just dessert after he snuck off to the 'bathroom.'

            For his birthday, his family would be coming plus Scorpius so he was happy to get to see his boyfriend again.

            Albus was getting ready in his room when he heard the doorbell ring. He heard his mother open the door and then she called to him.

            "Albus, the Malfoy's are here!" She called. Albus brushed a hand through his hair and then left his room. He walked down the stairs and smiled when he saw Scorpius.

            "Hey there birthday boy." Scorpius rushed over to him. "Happy birthday." He pecked Albus' lips once and then handed him his gift.  Albus grinned and then opened it. To his surprise, it was a stuffed black dragon.  Albus marveled at the plushy and then met Scorpius' eyes. "To replace all the bad memories with good ones."

            "T-thank you." He said and started to tear up. "I-I love it."

            "Great." Scorpius grinned. "I've already named it since you suck at naming things."