chapter 12 - Sometimes I'd Settle For Just Ordinary

Start from the beginning

"I've been working on a spell that gathers all of the Cure into Elena's heart so that it will be easier to take it out of her blood," Lindsey told them. "I even found a spell that could double the dosage of Cure in her blood."

From 8.11 "There Really Wasn't a Choice", on the road, while Damon was driving the Camaro with Cristian in the passenger seat, and Kaylin, Nicola and Liv in the backseat, Stefan was driving his car with Alex in the passenger seat, way ahead of them, talking to them over the phone.

Stefan was talking about Kaylin and Nicola trying to take care of everyone, and how they would feel after Enzo, Bonnie, Lindsey and Ryan would be dead, not knowing that only one of them would actually die. "Once you both feel all of that emotion, the way it will overwhelmed you will crush both of you, and I'm looking forward to watching you break."

Stefan and Alex got to the safehouse, parking the car, getting out.

"Don't you get it?" Alex asked. "We don't actually have a choice. There's really not a choice."

From 8.11 "There Really Wasn't a Choice", in the safehouse, Ryan walked into the room to look at Enzo at the door. "Hey." Enzo was bracing himself against the threshold with a look of shock and pain on his face. "Enzo?"

Stefan was standing behind Enzo, gripping his heart through his back, ripping it out. He let his body fall to the ground, dropping his heart, walking into the house toward Ryan.

Alex appeared behind Ryan, grabbing him by the back of his head, pulling his head back, kicking him in the knees, making him fall onto them. Stefan walked closer.

"What do you care what happens to the rest of us, huh?" Stefan asked. "You're gonna be dead, anyway."

Ryan looked behind Stefan, sighing. "And you're gonna be human."

Lindsey stabbed Stefan in the back with her syringe of the Cure, injecting it into him to stop him from killing Ryan.

Ryan broke free of Alex's restraint, turning to push her back toward Bonnie.

Bonnie stabbed Alex in the shoulder with her syringe of the Cure, injecting it into her.

Stefan and Alex fell unconscious to the floor next to the two syringes that Bonnie and Lindsey let fall next to them.

Outside, Bonnie was holding Enzo's body, crying in devastation, screaming his name in denial. "Enzo!"

Lindsey was pained by Bonnie's pain and devastation, starting to cry, not for herself, but for Bonnie, instantly going to her side, kneeling next to Bonnie to hold her while she held Enzo's body with Ryan standing behind them.

Bonnie let out a scream of grief and devastation and anguish, releasing a wave of psychic energy around them.

--------~--------

Matt's Dream 

Night - Armory - Vault Secret Room 

A man was in the secret room, writing in a journal. 

A flash of a woman screaming could be seen.

The Maxwell bell could be heard ringing.

More and more people screaming could be seen. 

--------

Reality