T W O

"a mundane - and a demon - shouldn't even be here," Alec chided. Damon could recognise Alec's voice as it was the last thing he heard right before he blacked out. Damon scoffed as he opened his eyes and sat up. all eyes were on him.

"who are you guys anyway - and where the hell is Clary?" he asked. Alec sighed as he walked towards Damon's bedside, curious about this creature. "the real question is, who, and what are you, little demon?" Alec questioned, his finger tracing on Damon's jaw. he jerked at the contact, heat creeping up to his neck to his cheeks. Isabelle smirked at his blush.

"I'm Alec Lightwood, that brunette is Isabelle; she's my sister."

"and I'm Jace Wayland."

Damon cleared his throat and gulped. "Damon Angelas," he said. alec got up and the three shadowhunters exchanged eye contact; they knew damn exactly what the Angelas family is.

it definitely wasn't the best family with the best reputation, though they're well known back in Idris. "Damon? you're finally awake!" the redhead beside him exclaimed. Damon heaved himself down the bed and fell, groaning loudly. he lifted up the bandage around his chest and abdomen to examine his wound - it wasn't glamorous at all.

Clary shouted out his name as she got down her bed and sat down beside the blonde, inspecting his injury. it was still bleeding, and the blood was black in colour. his flesh was black, and his blood was black.

"why the fuck do you have black coloured flesh? and why are your eyes green?" she interrogated. Clary's hazel eyes stared into his green ones; he looked away, avoiding her questions.

"when I'm injured or sad or just feeling negative in general, my eyes turn green. and maybe it's the demon venom."

"but you are a demon, aren't you?" the redhead suspected as Damon pressed his lips together. Alec sighed, "am I the only one who finds this unusual? a shadowhunter that was raised as a mundane, and a demon - or whatever that was born to a shadowhunter family?"

"it happens," Isabelle said.

"I'm gonna have to report this to the Clave,"

"you know what? dial it down a notch." Jace scoffed, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"my brother doesn't have a dial," the brunette said, then turned to Alec. "I love you, big brother, but you have a switch that's always on. let's just walk with me, big brother."

"I love you too, but.." before Alec could finish his sentence, Isabelle dragged him outside. Jace sighed, then sat down on the floor with them.

Jace pulled her sleeve up and nodded, pressing his lips together. "your wounds, they're all healed." Clary looked up at him, bewildered. "how is that even possible? so, what, I'm miraculously healed, and all of you stunning people have magical powers?" Jace scoffed, rubbing his chin.

"Don't confuse me with a warlock." Jace laughed. Clary's rolled her eyes to the side and furrowed her eyebrows together. "a warlock, one of the downworlders; warlocks, seelies, vampires, werewolves.."

"Is Damon considered one of them? god, I swear my brain is about to explode."

Damon sighed, turning his head to the other side to avoid Clary's glare. "jeez, okay, I'll keep it simple for you. we're shadowhunters; half angel, half human. basically, all the legends you heard are true." Jace said, swaying his arms. "we protect the human world from the demon world. so those people you saw murdered at the Pandemonium, they weren't people at all, they were shapeshifting demons."

"I'm not interested in being a part of your supernatural fight club. I just wanna find my mum. the rest of it, whatever it is, all I care about is finding my mother. Please help me find her. you're the best chance I've got," she pleaded, tears rolling down her cheeks. Jace sighed, "I don't even know you."

just then, Clary's phone started ringing. she stood up and grabbed her phone, then walked to a corner to answer the call.

"alright, listen here Damon Angelas. I know what you are; a part angel, a part demon, vampire, werewolf; and so you don't try and hurt anyone around here - I'll rip you apart." Jace threatened, grabbing his throat, letting go after. his neck was literally cold; no heat could be felt.

"well, you do know I don't need oxygen to live right?"

Jace rolled his eyes. "uh, what happened to my shirt? and am I supposed to wear this?" Clary asked, holding up a leather dress. it was super small, and the cut was super low. Damon scoffed at the sight of the dress.

"Isabelle left you these; she's very comfortable with her body," the blonde explained. Clary chuckled and went behind to change.

she walked out and pointed at her neck. "what is this? I don't know what's really going on but, you don't tattoo my neck. that's creepy."

"glad you still understand the meaning of 'creepy', cupcake," Damon chuckled.

"duly noted. I guess next time I'll just let you die. and it's not a tattoo. it's a rune. they have enormous power. good for Shadowhunters. lethal for humans. but you, you already know all about runes, don't you? maybe you don't. which is what makes you so interesting, Clary Fray."

Damon groaned as he tried pushing himself up and onto the bed, but falls back onto the floor. "fucking hell," he muttered under his breath. he tried standing up but his stomach hurt too much.

he felt someone placing his hand under his knees and the other under his shoulders, carrying him up and gently placing him on the bed. he looked up only to face the undeniably attractive raven haired boy, his cheeks flushing with blood.

"th-thank you," Damon stuttered, trying to get over the fact that Alec just held him for the second time in a day - or two. he really didn't know. Alec shrugged, then sat on Damon's bedside, lifting the blanket up and covering his upper body. he could feel his face burning looking at Damon's chest.

"it's nothing, I guess," he blinked several times. "I need to change your
bandage and I think you need a new shirt - yours had demon venom all over, so I brought you mine," Alec said, stuttering at the part where he said that he needed to change his bandage.

Damon nodded and gulped air down as Alec untied the bandage and placed it on the bedside counter, then used a moist cotton wool to cleanse the gash.

he placed his palms on Damon's chest to inspect the cut, his face a little too close to Damon's skin. the half demon let out a moan unknowingly; he couldn't deny the fact that it felt good to have Alec's warm palms resting against his ice cold chest. the shadowhunter heard his moans, apparently. his cheeks were now a darker shade of red, with a pink tint.

Alec took a step closer to the counter and unfortunately - or fortunately for either of them, he tripped forward, his boots slipping on a moist cotton. Damon instantly grabbed Alec's wrist and pulled him closer. Alec fell onto him and his lips collided onto Damon's.

[ i know Damon hasn't really been in the part of this story, but his role will be more important as it goes on. ]

[ vote, comment & share please ♡ ]