Chapter 2 - the first meeting

-Freyana's POV-

We ran down the corridor to the main hall of the castle and stopped at the large doors that lead into the hall. I motioned the boys to be quiet and pressed my ear against the door. The boys looked at me in wonder. I could hear many deep voices in conversation with my father and his people. I moved away from the door and started walking pulling my brothers with me.

"I think those people we saw are in there... I know where we can go to get a better listen on what they're saying"I whispered to the boys.

Just then my fathers advisor walked through muttering things to himself. He stopped and smiled at the three of us.

"And what are you three doing here? You're meant to be out practising" George said to us.

"We were but we saw a group of-" Gendry started to say but Merron thumped him before he could continue.

"We came back because we wanted food" taking a few steps back "come on boys let go make a healthy snack" glaring at them.

"You three are up to something" George gave us a look of concern.

"No we're not!" I said and all three of us gave him a big cheeky smile. I span round on my heels and pulled the boys with me. We went walked down many corridors and up stairs to a hidden balcony above the main hall.

"So you're heading for the lonely mountain? The path is full of dangerous creatures" my father was saying to 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard. I was studying the group and one of them caught my attention. He was a young, dark haired dwarf. He had a sheath of arrows on his back along with a bow. An archer, just like me.

"Yes we are, I would like it if you didn't go around telling people this" the wizard asked my father "it stays between us"

My father nodded and said "very well you are welcome to stay as long as you like and when you wish to leave we will provide you with the supplies you need them" the company gave him thanks.

"I wonder what they're doing here" Merron whispered to us.

I shot him a look to shut the hell up before we got caught and he did. There was a knock on a door in the hall that echoed throughout the room.

"Come in" my father answered. George had returned. He walked over to my father and bowed before notifying them that their rooms were ready for them. George led the dwarves and the hobbit out of the hall and Gandalf remained to speak to my father.

Before they left the hall my father told them "You're welcome to join us for dinner in the dining room, I will send for you when it is ready"

"Thank you for your hospitality" the one with long dark hair said to my father.

"You're most welcome master Thorin" my father replied as they all left the main hall

Thorin? I thought to myself whilst walking back to my room. Thorin oakenshield? The king under the mountain. I didn't bother talking to my brothers about what we heard. I just walked as fast as I could back to my room.

****later on at dinner******

Still Freyana's POV

I put on a emerald green dress that reached the floor and had 3/4 length sleeves. My hair was wavy and it flowed down my back with my head piece and a few braids. I could hear lots laughter coming from inside the dining hall. I could also hear my brothers running behind me.

"Hey Frey wait up" Gendry shouted to me. "So do you think we will meet those dwarves? And the hobbit?!"

"I hope so... I've never met any dwarves or hobbits before, this should be interesting" I say getting closer to the door to the hall. My brothers walked behind me as I pushed open the door my brothers stood excitedly behind me. I could tell they were dying to burst into fits of excitement at the thought of our guests and the tales they would tell about their journey.

The doors swung open and silence fell upon the hall. All eyes were on me and my brother. Everyone rose from their seats and bowed to me and my brothers. I could never get used to people doing that.

That's when I locked eyes with him. The young handsome and dark haired dwarf. I walked over to the table and took my seat next to my father at the top of the table. Thorin was sat opposite me and my brothers sat to my left.

"This is my beautiful daughter, Princess Freyanna" my father said gesturing to me "and my two strong sons Gendry and Merron" we bowed back to them. My father then went on to tell us the names of all 13 dwarves and I knew i would have a hard time remembering them.

I found out that the handsome dwarf was called Kili and he and his brother Fili were thorins nephews. This made them princes. But I could tell that just like my brothers they didn't take to their title too well. They both hungered for the action of adventures of the vast lands if middle-earth.

Throughout dinner jokes were being told, food was thrown around to Merron and Gendry's delight, great stories of adventure were told and I locked eye contact with Kili more than a few times. I would blush everytime. I've never had someone so handsome ever take a slight interest in me.

After the meal I took leave to my bedroom. I was in a daze thinking about all the stories they had told me when I was interrupted by Kili shouting my name.

"Princess Freyana" he said bowing at the same, oh how I hated the bowing "is it alright if I walk with you?"

"You don't need to bow to me and yes its fine... If I remember correctly your name is Kili? You're one of Thorin's nephews?" I asked him trying to contain myself.

"Yes I'm Kili" he replied to me "is it true that you and your brothers have powers of ice?"

"It is true... Would you like me to show you them?" I asked him. We were almost at the door to my room so I stopped in order to keep the conversation going.

"That would be great... How about tomorrow you show me around and show off your powers?" He said said to me smiling his gorgeous smile.

"Yeah sure, just meet me in the main hall after breakfast" there was a moment of awkward silence "well... Uh this is where I leave" I said blushing slightly.

"Oh okay... It was nice getting to meet you, see you tomorrow Freyanna" he said putting out a hand for me to shake. I nodded and shook his hand before hurrying into my room and flopping on my bed. I couldn't stop smiling.

I sat and practised some things I could show him tomorrow before going to sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about his eyes and his smile.

Sorry if this isn't that good of a chapter I got kinda stuck with how to write some parts. Hopefully the next one should be better.