Wild Things

Chrissy leans closer to the smudged mirror trying to see her reflection more clearly in the dark. She carefully flicked the eyeliner out of the corner of her eye. Her eyeliner was the only thing she was allowed to have in here that kept her individuality with all of the identical uniforms. As Chrissy moved to make the same line on the other eye there was a bang on the cell door. The guards never disturbed any of the prisoners this early in the morning. She heard the door click unlocked and spun around in the rusty chair that creaked beneath her. Two men entered the cell. Her first thought was how did they get in here? Men could not enter the women's hall. She wondered how they had gotten past the guards. Before she could ask the clearly taller and more muscular of the two, took a few steps closer to her. Chrissy had to crane her neck to look up at him, their brown eyes meeting. He stooped down coming closer to her level. She blinked wearily. The man finally spoke. "Christina?" he said. Chrissy wondered how he knew that. No one here knew her name except for the cops of course. But the cops can't give any private information including names to other prisoners with out their consent. Realizing it had been at least thirty seconds of silence she quickly broke that and responded. "Yes." Still pondering of how he may have known. He spoke again bringing her focus back to him. "I'm Will." He said, then pointing to the other man still standing in the door holding it open. "This is Dan" he spoke" Looking back and forth at both of the men she took another step backwards coming to the realization she was fairly close to the man so called Will. Her heel grazed the wall behind her making her slightly fumble for her balance. Will took a step closer as Chrissy looked backwards and saw she couldn't move anywhere with him nearly pinning her to the brick wall.

A sound rang through the room from the corridor. Dan looking back worried. He moved further into the room with Will and Chrissy. Chrissy wondered if he could even talk not ever seeing him interact with anyone before. Now that she thought about it she had never seen them before. She's spent eight months in here and never saw the two men around and wondered how new to the place they were. A door closed outside the cell. They all tensed for a moment. Chrissy carefully peeked out the door to see who it was. When she saw it was her old cell mate Rebecca she eased. Rebecca had been moved out of the cell with Chrissy a few months back for "classified reasons" as the guards had said. Her and Rebecca weren't close but they talked from time to time. Chrissy did miss sharing a cell with someone but also didn't at the same time. She had more space and could sing when she had nothing else to do which was most of the time.

Will finally broke the silence. He asked what Chrissy presumed he was here for. "Can you help us get outta here?" he said. Chrissy didn't respond for a long time. She looked at both the boys again. "What?" she said eventually responding.

"We know what you did. We think you can help us escape." Will said with a hushed voice.

"What do you mean you know what I did?" I didn't do anything. I don't even know why I'm locked up in here." She said.

Dan still leaning against the wall by the door with the key in hand sighed. He looked as if he was getting bored with this and wanted to go back to whatever he had been doing before. Not that there was much to do.

Will glancing over his shoulder gave Dan a disappointed expression. Chrissy slid pass Will as he wasn't looking at her and sat on the edge of her concrete hard bed. Will turned away from Dan and made a gesture of asking to sit on the bed along with Chrissy. Chrissy quickly nodded her head no and made a disgusted face toward him. Not that the bed would have been messed up if he did sit. It was made of rock she was pretty sure. No matter what it was, it wasn't comfortable.

Will fixed his face on Chrissy again. "Your getting us out of here or you'll just rot here forever too." He spoke

That did get Chrissy's attention. She hated it here. More that hated but she couldn't think of a word good enough to describe how she felt. She needed to get out of here. He was right. If she didn't do anything she would be here till the day she died. Chrissy wanted something more in life than to be here. She wanted a purpose, a meaning, something worth fighting for. She had to get out.

Will saw her eyes flick up at him. "I will help you. But once we get out of here I'm not following you." She said with determination. Will agreed. "We'll come up with a strategy in the morning." He said.

Chrissy was about to ask how they had even entered the women's hall with out being caught when Will said "See ya tomorrow." He turned and walked out the cell with Dan closing it and locking it behind him taking the key as they quickly in a half sprint walked away and disappeared around the corner.