A puff sound came from behind her as her magic decreased. She turned around slowly to find Loke and Virgo standing not far behind her. Loke held a face of sympathy while Virgo stared at her emotionlessly.

"W-What are you two doing here?" she was able to croak out. Loke walked over to where she sat and took a seat on the log beside her. He grasped his hands and turned to his master, "We sensed your distress and came as soon as we could."

"But why?" she asked.

"Because we're your friends Lucy. What are friends for?" As soon as the words left Loke's mouth Lucy started crying again. He jerked away in confusion, but Lucy latched onto his arm and started crying into his sleeve. She was so sad yet so happy to have two of her closest spirits there to help her.

Loke froze and turned to Virgo who simply shrugged. When Lucy was calm enough to speak she recounted the whole tale to her spirits who listened attentively. When she was done Loke was furious. He knew Fairy Tail didn't mean all they said in a mean way, however it still hurt his sensitive master.

"That doesn't sound like the Fairy Tail I know," he said. Lucy nodded sadly.

"I don't think they really meant in, but it still hurt."

"Would you like me to punish them princess?' Virgo asked from behind. Loke scolded her silently from over his shoulder. Lucy shook her head, whipping away some of her tears. Loke placed a comforting hand over his master's shoulder. Lucy turned to face him, her brown eyes soft with tears.

"Families aren't perfect Lucy. Sometimes they cross limits that they really shouldn't, but that doesn't change the fact that they still love you."

"Your guild will smile when you smile, cry when you cry, and laugh when you laugh, even if they think those things about you," said Virgo softly. Lucy pondered their words for a moment, letting them sink in. A moment later she smiled. She stood up from her spot on the log.

"You're right. I shouldn't let this bother me. I think stuff like that all the time, but that doesn't mean I love any of them any less," she declared.

"And I'm sure Natsu-sama doesn't think those things. He liiikes you after all," Virgo said smugly. Loke chuckled with her while Lucy sputtered incoherent statements denying it. With the air now back to normal and the atmosphere happy, the three friends smiled at each other, knowing everything would be okay.

That is, until a dart hit Lucy in the butt.

Lucy's eyes widened exponentially. She stumbled over her feet before crashing face first onto the ground.

"Lucy!" Loke yelled. He rushed to her side quickly and lifted her up against the log. He turned his attention to the woods where the dart came from. He sensed motion a few yards away going in the opposite direction.

"Virgo, after them!" Loke commanded. Virgo nodded and swiftly tunneled into the ground. The Lion spirit turned his attention back to his master. He pulled the dart out of her butt -his face a furious red the whole time- and examined it. It appeared to be nothing special but he had no way of knowing. Hesitantly, Loke pressed his head up against Lucy's chest. He gasped and yanked himself away.

No pulse.

He grabbed her wrist and tried feeling for it that way, however there was still nothing there. Loke's heart began to speed up at the possibility that his master was dead. He stood up from the ground and paced back and forth in thought. Anger coursed through his veins along with fright. What was he going to do if she died. What would he say to the spirits? What would he say to the guild?

What would he say to Natsu?

"I'm a dead man," Loke muttered through his hand that was placed over his mouth. If Natsu found out he would definitely not live to see another day. Though Loke always flirted with Lucy for fun he never made any real advances out of respect for Natsu's feelings, because everybody knew -except Lucy it seemed- that the Dragon Slayer was head-over-heels for her.