Why are you two so alike? He asked himself smiling.

"Okay, you can spend the day with me, but only if you take it seriously," he said, waving a finger in front of her face. Nashi's eyes twinkled when her father agreed.

"I promise," she said, sliding off the bed. Natsu followed after her. The two of them quickly ate breakfast and got dressed, ready to start the day.

"So, what exactly do you do every year?" Nashi asked, pulling her backpack over her shoulders. Natsu was putting on his flip-flops.

"You'll see. First, we need to do some shopping," he said standing from his spot. The pink haired duo strolled out of the house and into town. The streets were crowded with people as they all got ready for the flower viewing. Nashi held tightly onto Natsu's hand so she didn't loss him in the crowd. Natsu led Nashi into the market where he searched for different foods. While Natsu was looking at different vegetables, Nashi's eyes wandered until they landed on a colorful bento box. It held a variety of colorful food, and they were organized to look like cherry blossom flowers. Natsu saw what Nashi was staring at and smirked.

After the two finished their shopping, Natsu led Nashi back to his house. On the way, they ran into the Connell family. Alzack waved at the dragon slayer as he held Billy on his shoulders.

"Hey Natsu, getting ready for the festival again," he said, eyeing Natsu's bag of food.

"Yep, we're heading back to my place now."

"Do you want us to take Nashi to the picnic so you can have some time to yourself," asked Bisca, pointing at the little girl who was now speaking to Asuka. Natsu shook his head no, "She'll be fine with me."

The older couple was taken aback by the pink haired man. Since Lucy's disappearance, he had not come to one guild picnic and he had never let anyone tag along with him. To see him allowing a girl he barely knew accompanying him warmed their hearts. Maybe he would finally start going back to normal.

The Connell's told Natsu and Nashi goodbye as they made their way to the guild picnic. The father and daughter continued their trek back to Natsu's house, talking and laughing amongst themselves. When they got home, Natsu asked Nashi if she could help him prepare dinner.

"I didn't know you could cook Natsu. I always saw you as the kind of person who mooches off of other people," Nashi joked, earning a blush from her father.

"Yeah well, I don't normally make dinner, I usually just eat at the guild. However, I always make something to take with me on the Hanami Festival."

"So we're going somewhere?" Nashi deduced. Natsu nodded and Nashi let out a sigh of relief. She was secretly glad they weren't spending the whole day indoors. The two spent the rest of the afternoon preparing and cooking. Natsu would not tell Nashi what they were making which frustrated Nashi to no extent. Natsu eventually had Nashi leave the kitchen so he could add the finishing touches, by then it was almost sundown.

Nashi turned her attention away from Igneel and to her father who was leaving the kitchen with a picnic basket and a blanket.

"You ready, little girl?" he asked. Nashi smiled, clutching her dragon close to her dress.

"You bet. I'm all fired up!"

"Hey, that's my line," he griped playfully.

"Well now it's mine," Nashi giggled. Natsu shook his head and the two walked to the front door.

After closing it, Natsu led Nashi in the direction of the forest. The two walked at a gingerly pace down a small dirt path. Leaves scattered around them. A cool spring breeze blew as they walked side by side.