Campfires

*********a few hours later***************

A's POV

"I had traveled to a world, made of blocks, totally unbeknownst to me." My friends and I sang.

Night had fallen, and thousands of campfires were lit, groups of friends hanging out after a long day of training.

My group of friends had set up our tents around our fire pit, so we visited each other a lot. A lot of groups did this, including Team Crafted. A campfire blazed in front of their house.

In my group of friends were six people. Darkclaw and Rose were here, of course, but we had also made some new friends in the army.

There was a girl named Eliza, who we called Impy, Skylar, who we called the Oheo, and two boys. The two boys were Nick, but we called him Mr. Crafter, and Naes.

Lily and Josh, who were now twelve, sometimes stopped by our campfire to hang out with us, but they weren't here tonight.

Rose was strumming a guitar (A/N: LIKE A BAWS), and we all had sticks in our hands, gooey marshmallows stuck to the ends, roasting them to a golden brown.

Or, in most of our cases, roasting them until they were black and crumbling.

Chocolate and graham crackers were in a pile on the ground for s'mores, but we mostly just ate chocolate and see whose marshmallow could burn the most without falling off the stick.

You know, just us being us.

"Oh oh oh, oh oh, oh oh oh." We finished the song, and I ate another piece of chocolate.

"Wait!" Darkclaw shouted, and we fell silent. Her marshmallow was on fire, burning. Uh oh.

I currently held the record for longest burn time, ten seconds.

"Seven Mississippi, eight Mississippi, nine Mississippi, ten Mississippi, eleven Mississippi!" Darkclaw's marshmallow fell onto the ground.

"Dang it!" I stomped the ground in mock anger. "There's a new champion in town!" Darkclaw jokingly gloated, laughing. "Aw, shut up." I playfully shoved her, and she toppled over onto the grass.

She sat up, grinning. "I beat A! Who's the boss?" I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"You just got served." Impy laughed, and the rest of my friends joined in.

"Hey, since when am I a waiter?" Darkclaw smiled, succeeding in making us laugh again.

"Oh, god. #weneedfriends." Oheo said, laughing.

"Well, I don't know about you, Oheo, but #foreveralone." Rose smiled.

"More like #togetheralone." Crafter said, grinning.

"YAY!! TOGETHER ALONE-NESS!" I yelled, making some of the other groups stare towards us.

"Is alone-ness even a word?" Impy asked. "It is now, mother fudger." I smiled.

"LETS GATHER ROUND THE CAMPFIRE, AND SING OUR CAMPFIRE SONG." Oheo yelled out of nowhere, and I grinned.

"OUR C-A-M-P-F-I-R-E -S-O-N-G SONG...."

Sky's POV

Where am I? In my room, staring at the ceiling while everyone else is outside, laughing and talking around roaring campfires.

I should be out there. I should be out there laughing with the people who know me best.

But instead I keep myself locked up in here for as long as possible.

I don't know why, but it helped me think when I was alone, and I thought about a lot of things. A lot of times.

Is it a bad thing to distance myself from my friends? I don't know anymore. I know that they definitely don't want to know what's going on in my brain.

I need to stop those damn squids. We've lost far too many soldiers to them, not to mention Ty.

Ty. I needed my little brother back. I was about ready to get myself an oxygen tank and beat up every last squid down in that stupid ocean.

I'm going to get him back if its the last thing I do.