News About Ryan

Beginne am Anfang

"Hi. I'd like to talk to Dr Nickolas regarding my brother Ryan Wells," I said.

"You'll have to stay in the waiting room until it's your turn. Dr Nickolas has a lot patients to see," the woman replied.

"Okay...thanks," I mumbled.

I walked with Noah towards the waiting room, each taking a seat next to each other. I was so tired. I hadn't had a good sleep since my parents died. I sighed and placed my head in my hands. I felt hopeless, like there was nothing in the world to help Ryan. But there was still the operation. I had to wait for that, so that Ryan could get better.

I could feel myself starting to cry. I held back the tears. I didn't like crying. It makes me feel worse. I leaned back in my chair and kept my eyes closed. Maybe keeping them shut will hide the fact that I was crying. I kept them closed and before I knew it, I was asleep.

______________________________________

I woke up and found myself leaning on Noah's shoulder. Was I asleep like this the whole time? He was sitting completely still, with his head leaned against mine. He looked at me and noticed I was awake. I rubbed my eyes and looked at Noah. What time was it? I had no clue. Noah smiled at me and sighed.

"How long have I been asleep on you for?" I probed.

"About 4 hours and a half," he replied.

I gaped. Four hours and a half?! Noah and I have been waiting here for 4 hours and a half?! I was asleep on Noah for that long?! I t didn't feel that long, and I barely noticed that I was leaning on his shoulder until I woke up. My face reddened a little.

"I was asleep on your shoulder that long?! It must be hurting you so much by now!" I exclaimed.

"It does...but you seemed really comfortable..." he managed to say.

I smiled at him. He was being so nice to me. It takes a lot to have a girl sleep on your shoulder for that long. The doctor walked out of his room, letting out his patients. He lifted up his clipboard and looked at it after putting his glasses on. He lifted his head up and looked around the room.

"Peyton Wells?" he called.

"Right here..." I said, raising my hand.

Noah and I got up from our seats and walked into the doctors room. That's when I realized how worried I should be. I breathed in and sat down on a chair, biting my lip nervously. Noah wrapped his arm around my shoulder and leaned in close to my ear.

"It'll be okay Peyton..." he whispered.

I nodded my head and forced out a smile. Hopefully he was right. Hopefully Ryan would be okay. The doctor sat in his chair and scrolled through the computer at all the x-rays and scans. I tapped my foot, trying to distract myself from stressing out. The doctor looked at me hesitantly and sighed.

"What is Dr Nickolas?" I asked.

"I don't know what to say to you Peyton," he started.

"Just say it please," I begged.

"We looked into the operation and statistics, and it's really complicated," the doctor stated.

My heart best started rising. This was for sure not a good start to the appointment. I was starting to panic slightly. I took a deep breath to calm myself, waiting for the doctor to continue saying what he needs to.

"The operation is pretty risky, and there's high chances of failure or death," the doctor continued.

"How high?" I probed.

"96% chance of dying..." the doctor confessed.

"96%?!" I exclaimed in horror.

"And we are afraid that with him being in such a weak and poor state...he might actually...die..." the doctor stammered.

 I got up from my seat and darted out of the room. My heart was racing real fast, and tears were running down my cheeks like crazy. This couldn't be true. Ryan couldn't die. He was the only person I had left in my family. He was the one to hug me and help me when our parents died. I turned and sat in an empty hallway crying. My heart felt shattered, and my eyes were red. I placed my head in my hands and sniffed.

"Nononono! He can't die! Ryan can't die!" I sobbed.

My heart seemed completely broken. I had lost enough people in my life, and I don't want to add onto that list. Noah was standing at the end of the hall looking at me. He bit his lip and silence and held out his arms. I wiped my tears and got up, running towards him and throwing my arms around him. I cried into his shirt as he squeezed me tightly.

"It'll be okay Peyton. There's still a chance he'll survive..." Noah said.

"4% chance isn't enough Noah. It's impossible for him to live!" I cried.

"No it isn't Peyton. 4% could be plenty. You can't predict what will happen until it does. That 4% could be worth something," Noah whispered.

"But-"

"No buts about it Peyton. Please...don't lose hope. Okay?" he asked. 

I nodded my head and wiped my tears, hugging Noah once again. Maybe I shouldn't lose hope.

Maybe that 4% could actually mean something...