The Lonely

A/N: Hi there everyone! I'm back from a small hiatus. If you're coming from the Outlier fic, this is the sequel to it! It immediately picks up after Josh is taken away from Tyler. If you haven't read Outlier yet, do that first! Otherwise, enjoy this sequel (-:

---------------------------

Tyler's POV

They took Josh.

Those agents, they took him. They took my happiness away from me.

My mom kept holding me in her grip but I was angry and full of tears. I saw Josh mouth that he loved me before he had to let go of my hand. Seeing him being taken away and being put in a heavily protected vehicle made me feel heartbroken. Just the fact that the only person who's ever made me happy in my life left me is very heartbreaking.

Amid all the commotion, I aggressively let go of my mom's grip and yelled at both of my parents. "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT." I ran inside inside the house with tears rushing down my cheeks and went straight to my room. I slammed the door shut and locked it. I went to the window as I saw the vehicle driving away with Josh in it. 

I put my hand on the glass and looked away. I walked slowly to my bed and sat on it putting my hands to my face. Everything was very painful.

I looked at the bass guitar that lay next to me, the same one that Josh gave me two hours earlier for Christmas. I turned to see my ukulele which was laying on a nearby desk. I saw my floral cardigan hanging on the closet's doorknob and my glasses next to my bedside table.

I opened the drawer to the table and found lots of notes and cards. All of these cards and notes were handwritten by Josh and given to me for various reasons. Some for Valentine's day, some for Christmas, some were written to help me with my problems and some were written simply because Josh was being a big goof and loved me.

 I've received lots of cute notes and letters through the years, through good and bad times.

I read through some of them. 

There was a card Josh made me for Valentine's day when we were in sixth grade. "You are small and such a little bean, you're the prettiest thing my eyes have ever seen." the front of the card said. Another card that Josh made was when I was sick from school in eighth grade and in it he recommended things I should do to feel better soon and of course he told me to get better because he wanted to see me so bad. He missed me from school.

Another letter was Josh being silly and writing stuff he wanted to do for the future. Go skydiving, hug a kangaroo in Australia, eat a really big burrito, own ten cats and visit another planet. (He was only 10 when he wrote this to me. His handwriting was a little messy but it was very cute.) 

A Christmas card he made in 2014 told me to stay warm and to eat lots of fruitcake, even though I hated it and to stay safe for the holidays. I remember those days it snowed and Josh came over and we played in the snow. We had a snowball fight and made snow-angels but honestly he was already an angel to me. The purest one there was. He was my guardian angel.