Diamonds

Author's Note:

Heya, everyone! It's me, the Gamerwhogames, and I'd like to present to you "Diamonds", a short Jestra oneshot! Remember, no likey, no readey! That aside, hit it, Crisper!

Crisper: (hits it)

"I didn't realize how easy it'd be to get lost." Jesse said to himself as he and Petra searched around the dark, cool tunnel. Petra held her bright, hot torch as she tried to find a way out of the grey-walled cave.

"Maybe we should've left some more torches behind us." She said to Jesse as she peered into the darkness where the light wouldn't touch.

They realized they had been separated from their friends Lukas, Olivia and Axel when they couldn't hear as much talking as they had when they first set out for their mining trip. At first, they both thought it was just everyone going back to mining his own business (Eh? Eeeh?), but when they decided to look at their friends, no one was there.

"You think the others will be okay?" Jesse asked as he squinted at the bright torch. Petra nodded at him, going to another side of the narrow closure and wedged the torch between a some rocks.

"Of course they'll be fine. They're probably looking for us, though." She said, looking at Jesse with her black eyes.

"Yeah," Jesse frowned, staring nervously at another end of the poorly-lit cave.

"Why don't we do some mining, then?" She asked, trying to get his mind off of his missing friends. She saw that he looked nervous, and she didn't blame him. She was nervous, too!

She grabbed one of their stone pickaxes and handed it to Jesse. "If they're looking for us, we should stay in the same place." She explained as he took the pick from her.

"Alright, then. Maybe when they find us we will have found something interesting." He said. Petra smiled when he turned around and hacked away at some stone. She took her pickaxe and started mining as well, coming across some iron ore right at the start.

They mined in silence for about ten minutes, their picks smashing loudly against stone and various ores. While Petra stayed on her level, casually picking at coal and iron, Jesse decided to go down into the walls, closer and closer to bedrock in search of more valuable ores.

"Petra!!" He suddenly shouted. Petra spun around at the sound of his small voice in her head. "Petra!" He called again. Was she hearing things?

She looked at the small hole in the wall behind her, seeing that it lead down into the world. So he'd dug another tunnel? She quickly realized that the small "ghost voice" was actually his voice echoing off the walls.

"What is it?!" She shouted into the cave as she rushed down it. When she got to the bottom, she saw a few lava pits that were sealed off with cobble and Jesse was standing at the bottom of his tunnel, staring at a wall. She rushed up beside him with slight worry on her face.

"Jesse, what's... oh, wow!" She said, staring at the diamond-ore that Jesse managed to find. "A diamond." She said as Jesse walked closer to it. He lifted his pickaxe and brought it down sharply on the ore, slightly damaging it before he did it again. After he gave the ore a few more hard blows, the block shattered and left nothing behind.

Petra felt a rock sink into her stomach as she and Jesse goggled at the gap where the diamond ore was. She heard Jesse croak in surprise as he looked around for the diamond. When he turned around, she gasped and facepalmed at him.

"What? What's wrong?" Jesse asked before he noticed his pickaxe. His stone pickaxe. His face fell as he stared at it with his stunned, green eyes. "Oops." He said before Petra snickered before she remembered the others.