The motherfucker loves her

Soon after, her screams has stopped and the sound of crunching echoes throughout the cave. Daniel's hand trembled, but when he noticed that I was watching, he quickly covered the with his quilt.

"Do you think they're gone?" she whispered.

He shook his head, mumbling "We have no choice but to hope. I don't have anymore energy left in me."

Once again, he pulled out the witchlight. They looked at each other, faces covered in grime. Her arm throbbed where it had grazed the wall.

"I don't give a shit; you aren't allowed to give up this easily. Do you seriously want some killer baby to kill you? Is that how you want to die?"

He paused, sighing. "I wanted to kill myself months ago. Now, I don't want to die at all. Life is beautiful. Ironically, I realize that now. The moment I have nothing left in me."

"Oh Jesus," I said, "We don't have time for your jibber jabber. For fucks sakes, there is a killer baby on our ass."

I got up and ran. The killer baby appeared before me. I tried to halt to stop but hit right into it, stumbling over it.

The baby pushed forward, attempting to bite into my flesh. I clenched my fist.

Many had died. Enough. Had died.

I lifted my hand and aimed for its eye hitting into thin air. Daniel had his arm right in its jaw. The baby closed down on his forearm. He shrieked in pain.

He didn't scream. He didn't cry. Instead he smiled and said, "I love you Mel. Now run. Run for your life bitch. Go!"

"That's my line," she whispered.

He gave one last toothy grin, before she ran as fast as she could. When she stopped running she started balling. Why hadn't he told her earlier?