2 - Doesn't Know Who I Am

Hey guys :) JUST FOIND OUT THAT CATCHING FIRE WILL BE RELEASED ON THE 17TH OF MARCH ASDFGHJKL SCREAMING RIGHT NOW
So feedback on this? I've just started this so I would like to know how to improve.

Olivia x

" He doesn't know who I am, and he doesn't give a damn about me" -I actually don't know who the original artist of this song was

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Katniss POV (still)

Walking into school I couldn't help but notice that everyone was already in little groups, having made all their close friends years ago. Some people were pointing at us, probably because we were new and they hadn't seen us before or something; I was so glad I had Clove so I wasn't completely alone.

First we went to reception to collect our timetables and locker keys, the lady at the desk was very grumpy, probably because it was Monday and to be honest I don't blame her, I felt exactly the same.

It turns out that mine and Cloves lockers were next to each other so we headed into the hallway together, dodging out the way of everyone else. It was scary not being able to put a single face to a name and I didn't like not being able to know everyone; our hometown was very small and everyone knew each other. Now we've moved to a city it looks like that's never going to be the case.

Clove whispering in my ear distracted me from my thoughts, 'Cute boys, up ahead!' I looked ahead and saw that a small huddle of four boys were standing by an open locker and as we got closer, I could start to hear their conversation.

'So, me and Annie got together, end of the summer.' A guy with honey coloured hair and bright green eyes was speaking to the rest of the boys, I assume this guy must have been trying to get 'Annie' for a long time because a short guy with brown, sticky-up hair spoke up. 'About time, jeez, you've been after her for ages, Fin!'
'Shut up Marvel! At least I have a girlfriend!' this 'Fin' person replied, blushing slightly behind his insult.
'Um Cato or Peeta don't have one either!' Marvel pointed out. The two other guys standing with them both rolled their eyes as if this subject came up a lot.

'Hey, Marvel here has a point, when was the last time you two dated?' 'Fin' asked the other two.
'I'll date when there's someone around here who I like and at the moment there's no one I like in that way.' A guy (a very cute guy I might add) with blonde hair explained, while the guy next to him nodded in agreement.

'We could change that...' Clove whispers in my ear, I'm about about to laugh at her comment when I look at the guys properly. Well, okay, I look at one in particular. The one who had ashy-blonde hair that flicks over his bright blue eyes in such a cute way, I can't even explain it. Faint freckles dotting his cheeks and his t-shirt curves over his muscles. He starts scanning the hallways, bored of the conversation his friends were having, his eyes connected to mine and he smiled at me. I immediately feel myself blush red but I force out a smile back and then turn my blushing face away.

It turned out that Clove had seen the whole thing.

'I was joking! But look at how you're blushing! Awwh, does Katniss have a crush already?' Clove teased in my ear as we opened our lockers and started stuffing books inside.
'Shut up, I don't like that boy!'
'I know you're lying but whatever, you can admit it some other time if you'd prefer.' I roll my eyes, I've only seen him for ten seconds, how can I like him?
I can't.

Well that's what I'm going to keep telling myself, before I do something stupid like get my heart broken.

I've had it broken before and it's not pretty, trust me.