On the bright side my sister is behaving herself. She is actually being rather lovely since her business has undergone an abrupt turn around and is now making a substantial profit. The other day she surprised me by popping around to my office to accompany for lunch – her treat. Even more surprising the lunch was bearable, if not enjoyable. Had you told myself a year ago that I would enjoy spending time in the company of my sister I would have promptly asked you what you had been drinking and if you needed a sit down. Then again if you had found me two years ago and casually dropped in the fact that I would one day be planning my wedding to Ollie Daniels I wouldn’t have taken the news too well either. But believe it or not it’s true, both of them. When I told Mum that Georgie and I had gone out for lunch together she almost cried at me down the phone. The prospect of her daughters actually wanting to spend time together seemed too much for her emotions to bear and her voice wavered dangerously on several occasions. In over two decades Georgie and I had never expressed even so much as the smallest flickering of desire to spend anytime together so I suppose it was quite something to hear her two daughters had socialised without the need to be bribed or nagged at. It took me quite a while to convince her I wasn’t joking when I told her I had willingly spent time with my Georgie. In his typical fashion Dad didn’t have too much to say on the subject. I did hear his trademark grunt when my Mum hollered the good news at him but the Match of the Day theme tune in the background informed me that he was otherwise engaged. I guess multi-tasking just isn’t in his nature which seems to be something I have inherited as I attempt to hold the piece of toast I am eating in my mouth while I pull on a sock. It doesn’t go to well and I end up losing my balance and keeling over hitting the kitchen floor with a painful thud. On the bright side I did manage to keep the toast firmly within the grip of my teeth.

It’s at that moment when Ollie decides to walk in to find me in a heap on the kitchen floor. Wincing as I gingerly pick myself up off the floor and finishing of the last mouthful of toast. “Is it worth asking why you decided to use the floor as the perfect place to enjoy breakfast?” he asks me teasingly with an amused expression on his face. “Putting on my socks didn’t go as well as expected,” I explain. He looks a bit confused by my reply as he watches me go on to fix both of my socks correctly onto my feet but doesn’t question it. “It might be an idea to get up off the ground,” Ollie suggests.

“Why?” I question.

“Because I have organised someone to drive you to work so you don’t get jumped on by a gaggle of journalist when you step out of those gates. He’s waiting outside so instead of messing around on the floor you should probably get going,” he recommends.

“I wasn’t just sat on the floor, I fell over,” I explain.

“It doesn’t surprise me,” he laughs.

“Shut up,” I retort playfully hitting him over the head with some papers before hastily shoving them into my bag. “Well congratulations you didn’t leave a dent this time,” he further teases me.

“I can hardly contain my laughter at you sparkling wit and humour,” I mutter sarcastically while collecting my things from the counter where I had left them. “Love you,” he calls after me as I dash out the door. I run back into the kitchen and wrap my arms around a startled Ollie. “Love you too,” I reply after giving him a quick kiss and disappearing out the door again.

I’m glad Ollie has arranged this transport as a way for me to get to work. I’ve got to say sitting in the back of a luxury car is a much more enjoyable way to spend a journey compared to sat on the underground wondering which one of my fellow commuters is in fact a writer for a trashy magazine scrutinizing my every move and which are just the ones regarding me with a cruel jealousy as they regarded themselves as the future Mrs. Daniels and I have apparently stolen their man. I forgot what it felt like to walk into work relaxed without fearing what embarrassing picture of me is going to turn up in the magazines at any moment. If it weren’t for the ongoing stress of thinking about the next ridiculous scheme Cora is going to throw at me I would be perfectly at peace with the world.