Hope you'll miss me.

But when the morning comes
We'll burn it down and then

We'll build the world again
Our love is god

In the midst's of the night you wake up to the repeated chime of the door bell. You stare blankly at the ceiling, your hands spread towards both the top corners of your bed. Soon enough the chiming begins to get on your nerves, forcing you to get up. As your feet come into contact with the cold hardwood floors, it all stops...odd? You think to yourself for a moment, maybe it was just all in your head? I mean, it wouldn't be bad to at least make sure.

With that decision out of your way, you get up from your bed only to carefully shuffle towards the door due to your struggle to see. As you make your way towards the door, you hold out your arms just enough to be able to feel for the knob and exit your room. Before you open the door, you can hear the murmurs of a conversation, one between what sounds like your mother and another familiar voice, but you're unable to pinpoint the other voice. The door creaks loudly as you open it, the noise causing both voices to fall silent.

"Mom?" You call out, curious if it is her.

"Yes Veronica?" Sure enough it was.

Who ever it is your mom is talking to, you can hear them mumble your name, then something else, all before they force their way into the house, past your mother. Their chest fell and rose steadily as their eyes stared at yours like they were a loaded gun about to shoot you. At first it had been hard to see who it was due to their face was poorly lit by the dim blue porch light, though their features were unmistakable. It was him, it was Jason Dean, your past lover, the psycho that almost killed all your classmates.

You had so many emotions stirring in your stomach it was hard to think. You took a heavy breath, then stumbled down the stairs as quickly as you could, tears welling up in your eyes. He took a step towards the stairs, catching you as you fell into his arms, your own wrapping around his waist tightly. Your mother escaped back upstairs as it all went on. In the mean while you pressed your face against his chest, his grasp tightening around you, leaning over to whisper something in your ear.

"I missed you, Veronica..."

Your voice quivered as you responded to him, taking deep breaths between every few words. "I...I missed you too...J.D...." This moment was so overwhelming for you, you were so confused, "I thought...I thought you were dead..."

"I thought I was too, but, it was only a coma..."

All of a sudden reality struck you all at once, you pushed him away from you, quickly raised your hand and plunged it at his cheek-- he caught it. How the hell did you catch it? You're so confused, you couldn't help but fall to your knees, putting your hands over your head, your breath becoming shakier than before. You heard as the door shut, then suddenly, you felt a hand play with the ends of your hair, he had knelt down and tried to comfort you there. What was next? You're so terrified. Why, why is he here? He's supposed to be dead. Isn't he?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writer's Comment:

Please feel free to vote and comment, suggestions are greatly appreciated and may be taken into consideration! I will try to be updating every Tuesday and Thursday, and possibly on Saturday too! Stay tuned!~