Kristen hung up on Joy without saying anything more. She soberly stared into the hallway and hugged her arms around her waist, fighting tears. Today was the day. She was leaving Roman. She was leaving Roman and all they had shared. Her heart felt like it was going to rip in her chest. She wanted to fall apart at the thought of leaving him. It was so silly but she honestly felt she had nothing to go back home to.

Sure, she had her parents, a stable home-life, a somewhat full social life and all that entailed, but now that she'd shared so many beautiful, intimate moments with Roman... Since she'd given herself to him... The days ahead seemed to have nothing but uncertainty and darkness attached to them.

She wasn't going to college so what was she going to do? Sit around until she figured everything out? Joy was going to school in the fall so she'd be gone soon. If they did end up getting an apartment together, she'd be in it all by herself within a matter of months.

Not able to stop herself, Kristen began sobbing softly. She pitifully rubbed her eyes and turned on her back, looking up at the sky-lights as the tears continued to stream. Subconsciously, her mind drifted back to this morning when they'd made love. If that was the term for it. It was more like banging.

There had seemed to be a franticness, an urgency to the way he'd thrusted in and out of her. Not to mention a distant coldness. He didn't utter a good-morning, didn't look at her, kiss her, or anything. He didn't look at her before, during or after, just rolled over and plowed into her like an animal. It had literally left her gasping for her air afterwards.

It was sensational as usual but it left her feeling empty, despite the electric orgasm she'd had. When they were done, he'd said he was going for a jog, threw on a shirt and shorts without showering, left the room and the apartment, and she hadn't seen him since.

Despite her emotional discomfort, Kristen's skin burned and tingled as her mind kept replaying that morning's events. Roman had seemed to go somewhere else in his mind like the night before last when she'd woken him from that nightmare. Speaking of which, he'd had another one last night. This time he wouldn't let her console him, touch him, or hold him. He'd moved to the other side of the bed. It had hurt her feelings terribly but she convinced herself he'd been too embarrassed by the nightmare and his vulnerability to allow himself to be comforted.

Sobbing loudly, Kristen wiped her eyes and turned on her side again, drawing herself up into a knot and hugging herself. She didn't want to go home. She missed her Mom and Dad but she'd miss Roman more when she had to say goodbye. They had shared some much in this little time. His home felt like her home. She'd grown an affinity and appreciation for Boston. She felt good there. She hadn't seen much of it but she wasn't homesick in the least. She wanted to explore the city more, go different places, become more familiar with it; learn more about its history.

She wanted to hang out with Roman's family and get to know them better. Make amends with Diego and help he and Roman heal their divided friendship. Sit in on more recording sessions and witness the rehearsals for their upcoming tour in person. There was so much more she wanted to see and do. Things couldn't be over yet. Not yet. They couldn't!

"What are you still doing in bed?"

Kristen nearly jumped out of her skin. She turned away from the windows to her other side and saw Roman standing in the doorway. Her body tingled in awareness as her watery eyes locked with his. How much sexier could the man be? Even drenched in sweat from his run with his hair all over his head he looked fuckable. Damn.

"Hi Roman," she timidly said, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.

He either didn't notice she'd been crying or didn't care. She didn't want to think he didn't care. "Didn't you say your flight is at two?" he asked, not returning her greeting.