chapter 3 - You Decided That I Was Worth Saving

Start from the beginning

Sarah looked at Nicola sadly, holding her hand. "It's okay. I love you, Nikki."

Nicola cried harder, shaking her head. "No. Sarah."

Nicola had to watch Sarah die in front of her, sobbing brokenly.

Sybil: (voice over from 8.02 Today Will Be Different) "I just killed Nicola's last connection to her humanity."

Nicola shook her head, crying, holding Sarah's head to her shoulder, holding her dead body in her arms, letting out a scream of furious, devastated defeat.

Kaylin flinched at the sound, tears in her own eyes, looking at Nicola in despair. "I'm so sorry."

Sybil knelt in front of Nicola, putting her hands on her head, forcing her way into her mind, making her groan in pain as she tried to resist. "Turn it off."

Nicola closed her eyes, unable to fight anymore after having to watch her sister die in front of her, feeling for the humanity switch inside to turn it off, finally able to do so. She opened her eyes, looking at them emotionlessly. "I have nothing left to fight for."

From 8.02 "Today Will Be Different", in the boarding house, Kaylin and Damon were talking.

Kaylin was holding her bracelet around her wrist. "It helps me hold onto hope, that I'll find a way to save him, his family. Our own family."

--------~--------

Day One 

Morning - Hotel - Pool Lair  

(Song:) Things Are Looking Up - Billie Holiday 

Nicola still had her humanity off, going for a swim in the pool.

Eliza was sitting by the doors in a lounge chair, reading 50 Shades of Gray.

Tory an Liv were sitting at the edge of the pool.

Sybil was kneeling in front of them, having her hands on their heads, trying to force their way inside. "Just turn it off. It's a little bitty humanity switch right at the back of your noggins. I've got big plans for you, and it'll streamline the whole process if your emotions aren't riding shotgun. Tory, Liv, come on." She gestured to the man's body on the floor nearby. "Room service is getting cold."

"Well, if you're feeling hungry, don't let us stop you," Liv told her.

Sybil once again tried to force her way into their minds. "Look at Eliza over there. She's got the right idea. She's happy."

"Bored, actually," Eliza told her.

"What about you, Nicola?" Sybil asked. Nicola walked through the water toward the stairs in the pool, shaking out her soaking hair. "How are you now that you've turned your emotions off?"

"Awaiting for the day that I can kill you all," Nicola answered. "Just kill Tory and Liv. I'll do it for you."

"In three millennia, I have a pretty unblemished record when it comes to controlling people," Sybil told them. "50,000 to zero. Give or take a few Peloponnesians." Tory frowned in confusion. "And I'm not about to add two to the lost column just because they don't feel like submitting."

"Well, they're tough nuts to crack," Eliza told her. "Liv and Tory are two of the most stubbornest girls you will ever meet because of all the hell they've gone through with their boyfriends Cristian and Luke and sisters."