Chapter Two: [this is me]

Start from the beginning

    "Someone should stay with you." Scott spoke worriedly. 

    "I'll do it, it's fine." I stood up straight, adjusting my jacket. Stiles darted to look at me, eyes wide. 

   "What? No." He shook his head incredulously. 

   "He's right, Indigo." Lydia peered to look at me, a small smile on her lips. "You're exhausted, practically about to fall in Stiles' arms right here, and the last thing you need to do is miss classes. I can afford to not show up."

    I felt uneasy, but she was right. I was exhausted. I wouldn't be able to do much passed out on the floor. 

     "See? Thank you." Stiles pointed to Lydia, nodding proudly. I rolled my eyes, placing my head on his chest, yawning. 

    Scott nodded, placing his hand generously on Lydia's denim shoulder. "Text us if anything happens." 

     She nodded, before looking to me one last time as we edged out of the room. I nodded in appreciation and she did the same, before gazing back down to Derek 

    As Stiles walked me out, I realized something. I thought back on the last 24 hours, how normal it felt between me and Lydia like we had known each other forever. I almost laugh now, thinking back on the first day of school when I absolutely shriveled at the thought of even speaking to her. But now─ I couldn't think to one situation that I wouldn't have to thank her for being there. Banshee or not, I'd watch out for her. Within the chaos that is our lives, Lydia Martin managed to become one of the most important people to me. Especially─ especially after Allison. 

    "Hey."

   I snapped out of it and found myself standing next to the jeep, Stiles looking to me confused. His head titled slightly, lips pursed. 

     "You okay?"

I gave a quick smile, nodding as I made my way into the jeep.

 ╪ 

 Stiles and I dropped off Scott, since Stiles pleaded that I stay over tonight. A worried glance over Scott's face when I had initially begun to step out of the jeep made me curious, but I stayed, letting Stiles drive us to his house.

    Making our way into his house, the rain had cleared, letting us walk through the front door spotless. I slipped off my shoes at the front door, ruffling my drying hair. I already began making my way to his room, in habit. I wasn't sure whether it was good or bad, how routine it was to come in and walk through Stiles' house as if it was my own. 

    His door was already open as I made my way in, turning to him when I stood in the middle. Stiles walked through the doorway, meeting my gaze. He froze for a moment, before his eyes boring into mine. 

   "Why didn't you want me to go to my house?" I spoke up, my eyebrows cinched. Stiles' eyes widened, but he composed himself too quickly. 

   "W─ what are you talking about?" Stiles shook his head, walking towards me. I almost stepped back, but he stood a few feet from me, a safe distance. I huffed.

    "Stiles, don't think I didn't notice. Both, you and Scott, obviously didn't want me in that house. What's going on?" I asked. "What are you hiding?"