Chapter 1

**********************************

August 24th, 2013

"It's alright Sebastian, really I understand. I'm probably just gonna stay in tonight anyways, I've been dying to catch up on the book I'm reading." I said through the phone trying not to sound upset. "Yeah I love you too, call me later..bye." I tossed my phone on the kitchen counter and went back into my room.

I crawled into my bed and nuzzled my head into my pillow, I must have dozed off for about an hour because when I first laid down it was about 7:30pm and now my alarm clock says its 8:24pm. There was a faint knock at my door but I chose to ignore it. I know it's just Sierra trying to get me to come out with her tonight, but I don't feel up for anything right now.

"Teagan get the fuck up!" I heard my roommate Sierra say as I buried my face into my pillow.

"Leave me alone i'm tired." I groaned as Sierra ripped the comforter from my legs.

"We're leaving in fifteen minutes, get your ass up now! I'll drag you out of here if i have to!" She yelled as she pulled me off of my bed and onto the floor.

"Alright alright I'm up!" I said annoyed as I stood up and walked into the bathroom.

Today is my 20th birthday and all I want to do is sleep. I guess that's because my boyfriend of 7 months isn't here to spend it with me. I can't really blame him though, he has a busy job...being a Doctor and all.

As I walked out of the bathroom with my tooth brush in my mouth, I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. I stalked over to the chair in the corner of my room, a bright red dress laying on it. In awe I picked it up and examined it. I held it up to myself, it was cut just above the knee, and had a crossover open back. It was absolutely gorgeous.

"Do you like it?" I heard Sierra say as she entered the room.

"I love it! It's beautiful! Thank you so much." I said as I pulled her in for a hug.

"No problem, I figured you could wear it for tonight." She winked and gave a smirk. "Oh and hold on-" She turned swiftly and ran out of the room, a minute later she walked back in and handed me black stilettos "these shoes would look hot with that dress." She said and I nodded, but in the back of my mind I was thinking or these shoes would make me look like a fucking idiot considering I can't really walk in tall heels.

"I'm gonna finish brushing my teeth and do my hair and then I'll be ready." I turned and walked back into the bathroom, rinsing my mouth with water. I looked up, staring at myself in the mirror, unsure of what I could do with my hair. I decided it would be the fastest just to straighten it.

About ten minutes later I was finished and even managed to dab a little eyeliner and mascara on. I stepped into the dress and pulled it up onto my shoulders, adjusting the fabric to fit my curves. I examined myself in the mirror, turning a full 360 to make sure everything looked perfect. I added a hint of red lip stick to my lips and stepped back. I have to admit I look pretty damn hot right now. The red fabric makes my light brown eyes sparkle and I also look really tan.

"Teah are you rea- DAMN you look sexy!" Sierra smiled as she stood in the door of the bathroom.

"Why thank you, it's all thanks to your amazing taste in fashion. Otherwise I'd probably be leaving here in a t-shirt and sweatpants." I laughed, I was never really one to dress up. Too much work. "But take a look at you, you look stunning!" I took her by the hand and twirled her around so I could see her whole outfit. She was wearing a tight black dress, a way too tight black dress I might add. And hot pink heels that are taller than mine. Her light brown hair cascaded down her shoulders and her hazel eyes really popped with all the eyeliner she was wearing.

"Awh well thank you, but we should really get going because the cab just got here." She shouted as she ran into her room to get her clutch. I put my heels on and grabbed my purse, sliding my black vans into it knowing that i'll most likely need them for later.

I snatched my phone from the kitchen counter as Sierra practically pushed me out of the apartment, locking the door behind us. We reached the cab and slid into the back seat.

"Where to ladies?" The cab driver said

as he started pulling away from the curb.

I looked at Sierra to answer because I had clue where we were going, "Club Arura please" she smiled and my eyes went wide.