Chapter 13: The Wedding (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

After the vows were made, the 'I do's' were said, and the bride and groom kissed; it was time for the much awaited, and much planned, first dance. Harry and Ginny were the first to reach the floor and start dancing, shortly followed by Ron and Gabrielle, Neville and Luna, and, at last, Draco and Hermione.

"Ginny looks beautiful, doesn't she?" asked Hermione as she and Draco waltz amid the plethora of dancers.

"She does," Draco replied glancing at the newly wedded couple dancing in blissful oblivion. "Are you fishing for a compliment by stating that Ginny looks beautiful, therefore making me obliged to suggest that you look beautiful?"

"Of course not," Hermione stuttered, a faint blush coloring her cheeks.

"Well, that's a shame because I was going to say it anyways," smirked Draco at Hermione's pink cheeks.

"Well, you look quite spiffy yourself." replied Hermione.

"So-," began Draco.

"Achoo! Acchoo!" sneezed Hermione consecutively.

"You know," Draco began with a thoughtful look on his face. "Pansy told me something about sneezes once. A saying, actually."

"Oh, really?" asked Hermione.

He looked her in the eye then his gaze flickered down. "If you sneeze once, you get a wish."

Hermione's stomach filled to the brim with fluttering butterflies as her heart beat faster than she thought possible.

"If you sneeze twice..." Draco trailed off, leaning forward.

"And if you sneeze twice?" Hermione breathed.

Draco tilted his head a little to the left and leaned forward until their noses were touching. He looked deep in her eyes and replied, "Two is a kiss," before softly placing his lips on her's.

Although it was a momentary, transitory, fleeting kiss, it was ethereal. For that one short-lived, passing moment, it seemed as if time had frozen. Seconds, years, even centuries, could've passed and made no difference to Hermione. For her, it was a magical moment; the fireworks, the violins, and the whole package.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

As they pulled apart, Draco smirked, "We, my darling beaver, have perfect timing. I predict that we will make the front page in tomorrow's Daily Prophet."

"Yeah. We will, won't we?" Hermione replied mechanically as she looked around and saw all the cameras and photographers that she had somehow missed before, and tried to mask her disappointment.

It was only when Fred and George came up to them did they realize that the song had ended.