I just nod and she gives me a small smile before speaking to the class as a whole. I shot up from my sit and walked over to where Edward was sitting, texting on his phone.

He takes one glance at me and rolls his eyes before ignoring me.

"So when do you want us to start working on this?" I whisper.

"There's no us-"

"Well I can't be doing all the work, can I?"

"Of course you can. Aren't you the smartest girl?"

"I am but not smart enough to know about your details for this biographies," I state.

"Whatever,"

"So when?"

"I don't know okay! Just drop it!"

"Alright alright," I sigh.

"Okay class, you guys can start on it now! By the end of this term you will know everyone in this class pretty well!"

***

"Kisses I just don't know how I can do this, I'll probably fail! Edward just won't cooperate with me!" I pout as we walk out of the school to the pick up and drop off zone.

"You'll get through this May," she reassures me. "Edward is just being difficult but he'll come around."

"Speak of the devil," I say as we sit down on the metal benches as we wait for Kuya to pick us up.

"Marydale," he says sternly.

"Edward," I copy him.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted before alright? But I'll drop by your house later to do the biography if that's fine with you?"

"I don't know, Kisses will be there so that's just not fair for her and-"

"No it's fine, I'll just watch a movie or something while you guys do the assignment," she smiles.

"Sounds like a plan then," Edward sighs with an eye roll before walking away.

What would I do without Kisses? She's always been there for me since day one. I love her for that.

My phone rings and I fish it out of my pocket to see who the caller was. My eyes almost popped out of its sockets as I read his name.

"Who is it?" Kisses asks with concern.

"B-Benjamin," I stutter.

"What does he want now?" She groans.

I don't answer the call just to be left with a message from him. My hands were shaking as I unlock my phone to read his text.

"What the hell Maymay? Just answer the damn call!"

I show Kisses his text and she gasps. "What the hell is his problem! Now he's the one saying this!"

Benjamin Cruz is my ex. I thought everything was going well until the night I walked into the party, only to see him kissing a girl. It wasn't just any girl, it was Heaven, the girl who's had it for me for as long as I can remember.

After that night, I promised myself not to get hurt again. Not to get attached to anyone by any means. Nothing good comes out of a relationship is what I always tell myself.

"Maymay, Kuya Jerome is here. Let's go home," Kisses gives me a small smile before opening the car door and leading me in.

The drive was silent, but it was a comfortable type of silence. Kisses was just humming to the song by Shawn Mendez, Stitches. We ordered at Subway first before going home. I got my usual ham footlong in Italian herbs and cheese bread.

After finally getting home, we took off our bags and shoes just by the door and walked over to the kitchen with our food. We were never allowed to eat anywhere else but the kitchen. I was fine with it though because I don't wanna make any mess for my lola to clean. I would clean it myself but she insists on doing it.

We set down our food on the table and gave thanks first before devouring the yummy food. We threw the rubbish away and I finished off my double chocolate chip cookie before going to the theatre room to watch some movies with Kisses.

***

We were half way through 10 Things I Hate About You when lola knocked on the door, informing us that someone was there to see us whilst doing so. I paused the movie and Kisses pouted before following me downstairs to the door.

Once we get there though, no one was there. Must've been a prank, I think to myself.

"Lola, theres no one here po," I call out from the front door to the kitchen where my lola was making food.

She poke her head out the wall and raised her eyebrows, "that's weird. He was just there, well I guess he left." She shrugs.

"Oh."

I wonder who that was?

------------------------------------------

A/N:

You guys can probably guess who that person is. Or can you? Hahaha.

This chapter had a lot of dialogues. Did you guys like it? 😂  This chapter is also unusually short, forgive me. I just really wanted to update for you guys! I swear the next chapter will be longer. Though, I don't know when I'll be updating next since school has started and I'll be really busy.

Anyways...

Hope you enjoyed reading this, until next time!