The Legend of the Loch Ness Monster

Depuis le début

Pickett gently clambered onto Gwen and settled into her pale, blonde-white hair.

Gwen sighed, "Well at least you know Pickett will be safe."

Newt nodded before remembering, "I need a knife. Do you have one?" he asked Gwen.

Gwen fumbled around her coat pockets until she found a small dagger in one.

Furrowing her eyebrows Gwen gaped, "Don't ask, I'm really not sure why I have this." She explained.

Newt took the small dagger from her, "Okay thanks." He sighed as he took the knife and pressed it right into his palm causing it to bleed.

"What are you doing?" Gwen exclaimed reaching out to stop Newt.

Newt grimaced, "The scent will bring the Kelpie to the surface."

Gwen wasn't convinced, "Ok, but I'll be trailing you." She said hesitantly as she rubbed her eyes.

Newt noticed this and asked, "Are you okay?"

Gwen waved him off, "Yeah I think I just got something stuck in my eye, I'll be okay." She muttered.

Newt nodded and slowly walked to the water's edge dipping his hand in. He got up from the water and began walking away from the water and back to the forest line. Gwen watched as Newt began to pace back and forth the forest line, but so far she couldn't see anything. Gwen kept blinking her eyes to try and get a clearer view of the water, but her blinking only seemed to make it worse as her eyes began to blur. Catching movement to her left Gwen spotted a blurred looking horse eyeing Newt.

Newt glanced back to Gwen to see a very handsome looking horse eyeing him; and as if in a trance Newt walked right up to the stallion. The sleek raven colored coat of the horse seemed to reflect he water. Newt leaned toward the beast still entranced by the creature before him, but a small voice inside his head seemed to whisper he was supposed to get something.

Gwen watched helplessly as Newt seemed to get pulled into the Kelpie's magic. "Come on Newt, remember." She called from the trees. "Cut the mane."

Newt shook his head as he heard Gwen's voice pulling him out of the trance and gripped the small dagger behind his back. The Kelpie noticed the small movement of the man before him, as the man weaved his hand into the Kelpie's mane; cutting it off.

Gwen sighed glad that Newt had successfully gotten the Kelpie's mane, but suddenly Pickett's clicking in her ear got her attention. Behind Newt the Kelpie wasn't looking too friendly as it began to charge Newt's retreating form. Newt noticed Gwen's terrified expression and slowly turned around to see the Kelpie snarling at him.

"Run Newt!" Gwen called to him, but being on four legs instead of two, the Kelpie was so much faster than Newt.

In a matter of seconds, the Kelpie grabbed Newt's fleeing form before diving into the water.

Gwen gasped, "NEWT!" she screamed as she quickly dropped the suitcase and pried Pickett off of herself.

Stumbling toward the water's edge Gwen stared at the surface before quickly morphing into her dragon form. As a dragon the Gwen quickly jumped into the water, with her dragon eyes Gwen spotted Newt as he struggled to free himself from the Kelpie. However, the Kelpie was no longer in its horse form, instead it had transformed into its great water beast one. Growling Gwen impulsively let out a breath, but only to discover her fire only came out as boiling water.

The Kelpie felt the scalding water on its body as it eyed the great dragon. Gwen swam deeper snatching Newt faster before the Kelpie could react to what was happening. Breaking the surface of the water, Gwen blinked, but no matter what she did her eyesight wasn't becoming clearer. Which resulted in her crash landing, sending Newt into a tree.

Shaking his head, Newt groaned, "Gwen!" but he didn't continue when he saw Gwen's human form stumbling through the trees.

"Gwen!" Newt called, "Are you alright?"

"Newt!" Gwen called frantically, she turned her head to the sound of Newt's voice, but only saw blurry objects before her, "Where are you?"

Newt stared right in front of Gwen, "I'm right in front of you, calm down." He reached out to grab Gwen's shoulders as she began to settle down.

Bringing, Gwen to the ground, Newt took a seat beside her. "Look maybe you should take it easy, you did just go out of your element." He noted concerned.

Blinking again, Gwen's sight was regained, breathing heavily she said, "Thanks, I alright. I'm fine." She explained shaking her head sighing deeply.

Newt watched Gwen confused, "Are you sure? That hasn't happened before."

"Yeah, I'm fine." She replied to him not only trying to convince Newt, but herself as well.