"That's something I'll be looking forward too then."

"Oh Cass, I think I'm now regretting not taking your offer earlier of staying at your house for the night."

"That's too bad then because you're already there and I'm already here."

"I know." He sighed. "But... tomorrow, I'll have you all to myself and I'm very much looking forward to it."

"Surprisingly, even when I know I'm not going to be swimming, I'm looking forward to it too!"

"Ha! We're going to see what we can do about that."

"Well, good luck with that." I challenged. I felt like I was getting myself in trouble for provoking someone who knows how to swim but I was enjoying our banter.

"I'm not disturbing anything, am I?" Cal suddenly asked.

"No, not at all. I was just about to take a shower before going to bed." I told him, finally making the move of standing up from the bed.

"Now, I'm really, really regretting why I didn't take your offer."

"Why did your voice suddenly just drop?" I asked in a teasing tone.

"Did it? I think I should leave you to it, so I don't start thinking about what you look like in the shower."

"I... think that would be best. Anyway, you'll have tomorrow to tease me in my bikini."

"Oh, I don't think I'll be able to tease you when you're going to be in your bikini."

"Cal!"

"Goodnight Cass. I'll see you tomorrow." He laughed and I shook my head, laughing at the same time.

That night, I slept thinking about Cal, and I woke up the next morning eager to start our unexpected weekend trip.

I wasn't due to pick him at eight in the morning, but I was already up since six, preparing for my things. I decided to just bring one large tote bag with my clothes that was good for two days and my swimwear and since we were going to a resort that had a restaurant, we didn't have to worry about food and if we get hungry during the drive, we could always grab something to eat along the way.

I was already getting my things on the car when my phone beeped, and I saw a message pop up coming from Cal. When our call ended last night, I decided to save the number knowing that I would be expecting him to contact me more this time or the other way around.

Cal: Good morning sunshine! It's a great day for a weekend getaway! How was your sleep Cass?

Cass: Morning! You're quite bright and chirpy today!

Cal: I met an angel yesterday, that's why.

Cass: does that pick-up line really work?

Cal: I don't know, you tell me. Did it work? 😊

Cass: 😊

Cal: that's not a yes... and that's also not a no either.

Cass: lol

Cal: I'm just excited to see you again. I'm just here, waiting for you

Cass: don't worry, I'll be there in a few. Oh, I'm gonna drop by a coffee shop to get coffee. Is there anything you want?

Cal: Other than you...

Cass: Cal!

Cal: lol. All right, I could use a cup of coffee. You can just choose the flavor; I don't really mind. I'll pay you when you get here.

Cass: this one's on me since you're paying the rest of the way. 😊

Cal: no problem here.

Cass: on my way.