22 / Misinterpretations & Appreciations

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Walking towards him, I couldn't help but ask, "Bryce, why? Why did you do this?"

Bryce replied, smiling, "Because I know how it feels to be in that kind of position. Mason's still young and growing, and he shouldn't live his life afraid of driving. So with my incredible skills, I helped him." 

He chuckled at his last words, causing me to join in.

Lowering my head, I mumbled, "You didn't have to though."

Soon, I felt the tips of Bryce's fingers lift my chin back up just so I could directly gaze at me. I felt my face growing hot as I tried to demand my eyes to look away.

His voice churned as his sky blue eyes brightened.

"I did it because I wanted to. You and I are the same, you know that? When you care about something or someone, you'll do anything in your power to make things work."

As if my heart couldn't stop beating any quicker! 

These damn heartstrings. 

Gently moving my head away from his fingers, I laughed quietly.

"And, because I also care about you, how about I get you a towel to wipe your face? I don't think a tissue is enough, your snot is getting everywhere."

Bryce sounded so serious yet was holding in a laugh.

Why was I not surprised?

Shooting him a look, I quickly wiped my nose with the sleeve of my cardigan and huffed.

Bryce chimed through his grinning, "I'm joking! So, are you surprised?"

Letting his taunt go, I nodded. 

"Definitely. You really got me there."

Before I knew it, I found myself hugging Bryce.

I didn't know what took over me, but I was hugging that delivery boy.

Feeling the shot of shock run up Bryce's spine, I could tell that he was just as surprised. I had to thank the delivery boy for doing this, and I guess my actions got the best of me. Seeing Mason drive after all his struggles just meant everything to me. Slowly, Bryce's arms eventually tightened around me too.

Through the hug, I beamed, "Thank you, Bryce."

When we pulled away, I was probably seeing things, but there was a tint of red appearing on Bryce's cheeks, making me giggle at the sight. Bryce cleared his throat and swiftly glanced off momentarily.

Once Bryce seemed to have regained himself, he murmured, "It really is nothing. So, about the presentation —" 

That was right, I couldn't forget the fact this shady Valentino left me like a fish lost in sea.

But, things all worked out in the end, right?

I faked a mad face.

"Oh, and thanks for leaving me like that."

Bryce smirked.

"It was worth it, right? Now, you can go around saying that you're the mastermind behind it. And Mason is a new person now. Oh yeah, was Logan any help?"

Logan.

The sudden memory of our conversation hit me again. 

"Maisie... you have to stay away from Bryce." 

Logan's words soon echoed all over in my head. Remembering how much his eyes were pleading me to listen made me wonder what was wrong. Why couldn't he answer my question? But then, I wondered —