"So, will I see you at school tomorrow, Mystery Girl?" He asked as he handed my plate to me with a crooked smile that set my heart into a dead sprint.

I smiled nervously and said, "Yep."

"Will I get to learn your name?"

Suddenly on a confidence high, I turned on my heel, flipping my hair back and walking off. "Nope."

I don't know what it is about this boy that makes me feel alive again.

But I think I like it...

*

"Aw, don't you just look adorable?" Lauren shrieked as I stepped out of the dressing room of Rue 21 for about the hundredth time.

I glanced in the mirror and cocked my head. "I think I look like a sleazy bartender at a cheap strip club."

"Don't be such a looser!  You look amazing.  You'll have all the boys drooling."

"If by drooling, you mean staring at my barely concealed butt all day, then you are right on spot!"

I was outraged.  The top came so low that if I bent over, people would be able to see exactly what bra I was wearing.  The skirt just barely covered my butt, and you could almost see through it.  Add a pair of ten-inch cheetah print heels and some really thick, black shimmer make-up, and I'd be mistaken as a street walker.  An expensive one, but still.

"Plus," I said, already heading back into the dressing room, "I thought the concept was to not be too noticeable."

"Oh, come on!  They haven't come for you yet.  Do you really think that they will find you?"

"I don't know.  But, I don't want to risk it.  Do you have any clue as to what happened to me?" I cried, making the irritation show clearly in my voice.

As I emerged in my fifth outfit and counting- a black and red lace top with dark wash jeans with cute rips in them-, Lauren grabbed my hand and pulled me over so that I was looking right at her.

"Aiydin, you have to loosen up.  I know that your past has done seemingly unrepairable damage, but that can change. Let yourself be a teenager.  You grew up too fast- practically over night.  But, now you have family again.  We love you, and we barely know you yet.  I want to change that."

I took a deep breath, holding back burning tears.

'So, please.  Be a kid.  Have fun.  You are such a beautiful girl, so let it show.  Please?"

I nodded and then felt myself being pulled into a hug.  When she released me, I turned to face the mirror.

"Let loose," I whispered as a smile made it's way to my face. "Well, what the hell?  Let's go for it."

Two hours later, we were both walking out of the store with huge smiles and laughing.  I had accumulated five large bags- one from Hollister, one from Rue 21, two from JCPenny, and one from Payless Shoe Store- and six smaller bags filled with make up, hair products, and accessories from places like Claire's and random hair styling shops.

All in all, I consider today pretty eventful. 

Getting through tomorrow would be the real challenge.

And I am going to conquer it.

I hope...

*

I slammed my hand down on the annoying alarm clock, thanking the Lord when the screeching ceased.  Groaning, I rolled over to look at the time- 5:45 a.m..  What in the world was I thinking when I set this thing?