It's Happening

The sun was rising in the east, the air chilled from the tail end of a bitter winter that Hogwarts had faced. Snow was melting off of the castle and the trees were slowly dripping droplets of water. A few students were sitting on stone benches talking amongst themselves but for the most part, everyone one was inside. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were gathered in front of the mantle. Hermione was reading a history book she found in the library, Ron was dozed off and Harry was polishing his broom.

 From the window, you couldn't see much but a frosty mist that hung low. Every so often snow would fall against the glass, slowly melting right as it had touched it. There was a low chatter in the Gryffindor common room which created a peaceful and calm atmosphere. Students came and go, every so often greeting the trio and having a quick chat before they moved on. After what seemed like hours, Hermione decided to return her book so she could gather more, and the boys made their way to the great hall for a midday meal.

Harry had forgotten about what happened just the night before, he wasn't reminded till he saw Draco, who was sitting with Pansy. He was crying. Harry felt a sharp pain in his chest as he sat down, he knew he had to do something. He'd never seen Draco cry before, and he was worried it was because of what he said. Ron coughed to steal back Harry's attention.
"Look, I know it's been hard for you mate, but you did what was right. It was best to let it go, you know the kind of person he is anyways..." Ron half smiled then dug into his food. Harry turned back around to face Draco, but he was gone.

Hermione eventually turned up with a stack of books. She greeted Ron and Harry before she herself started to eat. Harry couldn't think straight, he felt uneasy.
"I need to sort things out, this can't end this way. We've been together for so long, and it's been a secret for so long. I can't take back what I did, but I need to at least fix it." Harry said.

Hermione and Ron both produced a worried look as they watched Harry fade out of view.

Harry headed straight for the Slytherin common room hoping he would find Draco there. It was risky because, well, Harry was a Gryffindor and no one knew of him and Draco. He got multiple stares on the way down, he even tried asking a few students but they completely ignored him.

As he entered the main common room he noticed a few familiar faces but no Draco. He scanned the room again and noticed Pansy sitting in a chair next to Blaise.
He made his way over, them both noticing Harry before he got close. "Wait," Harry said before they tried to object. "Where's Draco?" he asked. Pansy looked confused and Blaise looked worried. "It's not what you think, I don't want to hurt him, I need to talk with him."
Pansy chuckled. "What would he want with a git like you?" She said standing up to face him.
Harry stepped back a foot or two, although his face held determination. "Just tell me where Draco is, this is important. There are things you don't know, and I'd like to keep it that way. Just, tell me where Draco is!" Harry used a harsher tone this time, but Pansy laughed again once more. "If you want him, find him yourself." Pansy sat back down and rolled her eyes at Blaise.

Harry stormed out of the Slytherin common room. As he rushed around the corner he ran straight into someone. That someone was Snape. Harry fell flat on his ass, and Snape didn't look amused. "What do you think you're doing?" he said.
Harry got back to his feet, dusted off his bottoms and looked up at Snape. "Sorry, Professor. I was looking for Draco." Snape's face soon held confusion, just like Pansy's had. "And what would you be doing, looking for Draco?"
Harry paused for a moment thinking of something rational to say. He couldn't straight up tell Severus Snape, that he was in love with Draco Malfoy. That wouldn't go well at all. People might think he was mental. Harry panicked. "I-I...I need to talk with him. That's all. I swear."

"That's all?" Snape repeated. "Yes," Harry said nodding. Snape stepped out of Harry's way and continued into the common room. Harry took a deep breath before making his way back. He wasn't sure whether to go back to Ron and Hermione or to keep looking for Draco. He really needed this, and the longer he waited the more he feared that Draco wouldn't want to talk.

Harry ended up going back to the Great Hall to finish off the afternoon with Ron and Hermione. He didn't see Draco at all the following night and he decided it was best to sleep it off till morning. He went to bed fairly early, whilst Ron and Hermione stayed down in the common room.

The next morning Harry awoke to Hermione sitting at the edge of the bed. He reached for his glasses and sat up with a confused expression. "What's wrong?" he asked. Hermione grabbed Harry's hand and took a deep breath before she was about to speak.
"Harry... someone's found Draco. He was crying in the boy's bathroom, he had blood in his mouth. Someone... thinks you went in there after you were looking for him last night and attacked him..." Hermione said lowering her head.
"WHAT?! Who in the hell thinks that? I couldn't even find him... I went looking for Pansy...

IT WAS PANSY! She probably told everyone I beat up Draco, DRACO WAS CRYING BECAUSE I BROKE HIS HEART...." Harry screamed. He took a deep breath and sat back down on the bed.
"Hermione! What am I going to do?? I can't... this can't be happening. Not now. I would never touch Draco like that. WHO else thinks this?" He said flustered. Hermione sighed. "I don't know, Harry. But you need to find him."

Harry stormed out of the room, he was going to find Pansy, and he was going to make sure she got what she deserved.