Mystical Island

I came back from an exhausting day at work where I had to deal with stingy people, one who fought with one of my co-workers because apparently, she couldn't extract a vast amount of money of £500,000 out of her bank account, which I thought was very obscure.

I made myself a mug of frothy hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows on top. I'm not trying to impress anyone but I hated failing. I always wanted things to justifiable, no mistakes whatsoever. If something wasn't right, I'd blame it on myself and make it absolutely satisfiable.

I changed into my comfy clothes and took a sip of my marvelous creation. I lied into my well-made bed, surrounded by soft, cushiony pillows. I peered into my drawer to find the book I was currently reading, 'Mystical Island'.

When I was in school, my classmates would always call me a nerd or geek. This was because I loved reading, non-stop. I got good grades in English Literature and expanded my vocabulary. I wrote one book in Year 8. I had a passion for writing but I realised it was impossible. How am I ever able to achieve this? I'd say to myself. Therefore I went into banking since maths was my second favourite subject. After about a year at Cambridge University, I changed my mind about the banking business, it was when I knew that this wasn't truly my passion. I was too late, though, I had to accept banking as my job... Forever.

I felt drowsy and so I fell into a mesmerizing slumber...

∞∞∞∞

... All of a sudden, cold wind smacked my face as I found myself in a supernatural troposphere. I stood gazing into the celestial arena with a noble Island lingering above the misty sea. I was distracted by the wonderful view as I saw myself wearing an extraordinarily long black dress that concealed my feet and onto the glacial, smooth ground. I wore matching black slippers that had a design that wrapped around my legs. My hair, that used to be tied back, was hanging low over my shoulders. Wow, I never knew my hair was that long before. The luminous moon reflected onto my glowing skin. I stood gob-smacked but something was bugging me. How did I ever arrive in this majestic island? Remarkably, I saw the same book in my hand, 'Mystical Island'. My jaw dropped as the book flipped its pages. I couldn't believe my eyes. Was I dreaming? If I was, why couldn't I stop?

Surprisingly, for what looked like an orc (from the Lord of the Rings) approached me. I jumped with fear. The creature had a deformed face as if it had been melted in a fire and clothes that looked as if it was picked up from the 99 pence store.

"Who are you?" I started. "What are you?"

Regretting my question, the creature had the audacity to open those filthy lips and pollute the fresh, salty air with humid, putrid fumes.

"I'm a troll, the names Jim. What are you?"

"Uhh..." trying to hold my breath I spoke, "... I'm Lauren, a Human Being." I said with a little attitude.

"Come with me..." It said in a stern voice.

"Excuse me but I don't follow strangers especially trolls like you!" On spur of moment, Jim started grabbing by my arm carelessly.

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!"

"Shut up!"

"Stop g- grabbing me! It h- hurts!"

Jim ignored me. I instantly witnessed the most magnificent sorcerer I've ever seen. It carried me and Jim to the Island that was dancing over the waters earlier.

Without any delay, we arrived. My feet experienced the most cushioning feeling when I stepped on the ground. The Island was not like any Island, but paradise. I felt my mouth slightly opening with awe. Peculiarly, many other trolls stared in my direction. Beads of sweat ran down my forehead. Why are you staring... STOP!

"It's a human, a polluter. Execute her and use her remains as fertilizer."

Everyone gasped with horror.

"A polluter? " One shouted confused.

"Traitor!" Said another.

"GET HER!"

The whole crowd stampeded towards me. I was paralyzed with fear...

∞∞∞∞

Luckily, I woke up. It was a dream. I glanced over to my bedside table. 19.06. Six minutes past seven. My book was still in my hand. I replaced it in my drawer. I took my empty mug into the kitchen. I changed into my comfy PJs and snuggled into my bed having a proper sleep this time. Hours had passed and was still awake, thinking of what the trolls would have done to me I was still asleep. I was just grateful. After a while, that cleared off my head, I switched off my lamp light and went to sleep.

Goodnight.