She kissed the base of his neck and again rested her head on his shoulder.

He felt wetness on his shoulder and realized that she was crying silently. He suppressed his groan and took her hand from his chest and held it tight and swung her around from behind and made her sit on his lap at the front and then he hugged her tight burying his nose in her hair.

"Whatever is the reason for your tears I just want it to stop. Now!" He ordered still his face settled on the crook of her neck.

"I am not crying." She said defensively.

"When did you start lying to me?" He asked

"I have never lied to you and I am not going to start now."

"You sure?" He asked looked straight at her eyes. She gave him a puzzled look. "Do I have anything to know, Madhu? Are you afraid of telling anything to me? Whatever it is I just want you to trust me and tell me everything honestly so that I can help you."

"What are you talking, Rishab?" She asked with a frown.

"I don't have anything to hide from you."

"I know... Well, I want to know if you have had missed out to tell me anything... even a minute detail, of course unintentionally."

"Rishab, I don't get what you are talking about. Care to explain?" She asked cupping his face with her hands. 

"Do you have any issues at your work place? Have you messed with anyone in the past? Just think, Madhu... Think and tell me. You know what happened this morning and I am not going to fool you saying it was nothing to worry. It's something big and serious. I want you to help me."

"I don't know anything, Rishab... Please trust me..." She said as her lips started trembling in fear. She couldn't think of anyone who had a serious grudge on her that they would want to finish off her.

"Madhu, listen... I didn't mean to make you cry..."

"No, Rishab... If anything had to happen to you... Because of me then it would kill me..." She sobbed hugging him tight.

"Look...look at me" Rk made her look at him.

"What's the need to cry? I am just asking so that I can be alert and make some progress in the right direction. I don't want to waste my time in finding ways in dead end. Do you understand?" He asked her. She nodded her head biting her lower lips.

"See, it can be someone who wants to take revenge on me too... and I am questioning myself on who all I have left as unfinished business. The job I do revolves around criminals and it's just not easy to pin point the real culprit out the lot but still I am trying to figure and I want you to help me from your side too because as you know we both were in the elevator... We both were so close to death. I am not sure whether the culprit wants to kill either of us or both of us... There is a lot of mystery behind this unprovoked attack and I want to unveil it sooner than later" he said rubbing his hand over her back to give warmth to her cold body.

"I know. I will tell you if I could remember anything."

"Good"

"You didn't put ointment to your burns?" Madhu asked after composing herself.

"Wait, I will bring the ointment and apply it for you..." Madhu said and was about to unlock her legs from straddling him but he stopped her shaking his head and holding her tight in his arms.

"No need. You just stay like this." He said in a husky voice and she could feel his rock hard erection against the apex of her thighs. His hands slipped under the slit of her kurta and he started feeling up her soft skin.