Midnight Moon

Born for the Kill. To be hidden behind the darkest shadows and never to cross the eyes of a human. At least... not in this form - a form of a wolf, but why was this mortal so different?

The mountain lion's tail twicthed, he circled me and my partner in crime, Alice, who grew closer to the Cougar in her Charcoal grey and white wolf, wanting to finish off his prey, the bleeding man who gasped and gripped tightly to his side, begging desperately for someone, anyone, to just end it all. I kept my head low, baring my teeth showing my opponent who really owned this mountain, but he hissed and circled me, no matter the size difference, which was little. Of course, I had the bigger size. I was an Alpha wolf, but I was also human magicked to be cursed with two lives within, two minds that wanted both good, and a blood lusted evil.

Skye... Why are we defending this Human? Alice whined through our mental bond, not taking her mossy eyes off the cat once, We're breaking the Elders' laws...

I rolled my eyes, still circling the Cat, who lowered his body to prepare for the pounce, Alice, you can leave now, if you want. I won't stop you.

Mentally she giggled, C'mon now, I'm not leaving you like this. This is the only action we've had for the longest time.

I grinned wolfishly at her, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of tan charging towards me with claws outstretched for my throat - a fatal kill. Out of instinct, I pushed up on my hind legs, and batted my own claws at the Cougars face, feeling satisfaction within contact, the rich scent of it's blood exploding into the air, making my mouth run dry. I watched for the opening as the cat pulled away for a moment, dropping his guard for that one second, and I lept, grabbing it's throat between my jaws, my canines slipping under the skin instantly, filling my mouth with the taste I craved most and with a jerk of the neck, the struggling body fell limp.

I tossed the body aside, looking back at the Human boy, who looked no onlder than myself of eighteen. His blond hair was shaggy, and stuck to his strong appearing face within the sweat. His greyish green eyes were wide, and watched me with a lip that quivered without words.

Alice.. I growled, keeping my head low, Go.. Now.

But-!

Now! I barked at her, and she bowed her head a little before taking off down the moutain. Once her footsteps faded off into the distance, I watched him and he did the same to me as I crept closer to him, gripping the tree root and his legs with his hands. His well-built arms trembled like the rest of him, and I understood why. You wouldn't see a wolf of my size in the mountains, even if there eevr was one in existant without the bloodline of a Werewolf, it wouldn't stick around to examine a human like this.

Under his hands, I could see a huge gash leading from his thigh, to his knee, and blood soaked the leaves and soil beneath him. Before I could turn and run, like my first instincs would be to do, I already found myself shifting, and his eyes grew wide.

"Y-You..." He stuttered.

I sighed, before biting into my arm, pushing it towards his mouth. Like vampires, our blood had the powers to heal anything and anyone without turning someone. To turn someone, it was a the same thing, but a different process. "Shut up, and drink"

He opened his mouth to object, but a slammed my arms around him, and his tongue lapped at it with a groan, closing his eyes as our blood did give a sense of pleasure laced into it. I sat there for a while, my arm wrapped around his shoulders, and the other on his mouth and a stranfe sensation seemed to flow through my viens with each touch and lap, but I shook it off, it was most likely another effect of blood sharing.

The wound closed about a minute or two later, and I shoved him away, watching his eyes still under the daze of pleasure for a long moment. He panted and sat back on his elbows, "T-That was amazing.."

I smirked down at him, before slamming my heel straight across his temple. It wasn't fatal, but it was a good percentage to knock him cold, with losing the past events of today. I tossed him over my shoulder, and waled down the mountain, listening for my pack, in case of anyone watching, until I reached his old, rusted jeep.

After placing him inside, a lone distant howl made my ears twitch, and I knew exactly who was calling.