Chapter 25 - No Holding Back

Começar do início

She calms down a bit, but that did little to reduce her sour mood at me.  "Why should I?" she coldly asks of me.

"Because right now, you're the only pony important enough to deserve the absolute truth about me." I appeal to her sincerely.

Rainbow Dash takes a moment of silence to think about my pitiful request.  Without saying a word, she sharply turns around and walks toward her bed.  After taking a seat on the end of the bed, she scoots over to left side of the bed, and I notice an empty spot right next to her.  Once I understand her subtle gesture, I smile a little at this chance I have been given as I slowly approach my empty side of her bed.  As I take my seat, while also making sure I'm not sitting too close to her so I don't make her feel uncomfortable around me, I take a deep breath to calm my nerves before beginning my confession.

"Do you remember when we first met and I told you about how I lost my memories?" I ask her gingerly.  With Rainbow Dash still not looking at me, I see her nodding lightly to my initial question.

"Well... that part was a lie unfortunately." I admit shamefully.  Then, I see her quickly turning her head as she stares at me piercingly with barely concealed anger.

"I know!" I respond remorsefully to her as I briskly turn away from her intimidating gaze.  "It was terrible for me to do that, especially towards you, and I hated myself for lying like that!  But you see... I did that to not only protect my own identity, but to also protect on what I know about Equestria, about your friends, and... about you!"  Her frowning expression softens up a bit before turning her piercing gaze away from me.

"You see, I was never a pony to begin with!" I continue my confession.  "I was... a different species as well as from a different world for that matter!  Maybe even from a different dimension all together!  Yet somehow I ended up here as this pathetic pony you see before you!"  She looks at me again, but this time with an unemotional, yet confusing expression on her face.

"Initially, I started to fear on my own actions when I came to magical world of yours, and I sought to return to my world as soon as possible!  But overtime, I grew to love it here!  I've enjoyed company of your friends, I've enjoyed the benefits on being a Pegasus Pony, but more importantly, I've enjoyed being here... with you!"  I glance at Rainbow to see her showing a softer, sympathetic expression before continuing my statement.

"You were my first friend when I arrived in Ponyville." I smile warmly to myself as I recall those wonderful memories we had together.  "You were the first one to offer me your home, even though I couldn't properly fly yet.  You were the one to show me the joys of flight despite my struggling fear of heights.  You were the one who took care of me when I was sick, and I was glad to return the favor when you caught my illness.  You've done so much for me and more, that I don't think I'll be able to make it up to you in full return.  I know that I've lied to you about my initial appearance, but the one thing that will never be a lie is my true feelings for you!  And that's why I came here tonight!  To tell you what I should have told you at the Gala this evening!  What I really wanted to say to you... is that I love you, Rainbow Dash!"  After finally admitting the truth, I finally catch Rainbow off-guard as she stares at me with wide-eyed surprise and perhaps a rosy blush on her cheeks.

"Yes, I was to going to tell you on how much I love you, and how much you matter to me so much!  But all that changed when Twilight Sparkle informed me that she found a way back to my homeworld.  I was so focused on wanting to tell you about my personal feelings tonight, that I completely forgot about on how Twilight was going to help me get back home.  I was so disarrayed from this unexpected news, that I figured that it was pointless tell you about my affection for you!  And I handled that very poorly when I was saying my goodbyes to you, but more importantly, I was a complete fool for not realizing on how much I've hurt you after that, and for that, I am so, so sorry, Rainbow!" I wrap it up sobbingly.  "I've never intend to break your heart like that, but I was too stubborn and selfish for not foreseeing the grief that I've caused against you!"