Chapter 9

After around two minutes Tracy came into my bedroom,
"Willow," she started, "we need to have a chat."
I didn't reply so Tyler pulled out of the hug,
"Willow, look don't worry. I'm gonna go so you can talk to Tracy."
I sat down on my bed next to Tracy.
"What was all that about downstairs?" She asked.
I spent about a minute deciding whether to tell her. I decided I probably should.
"When I was at Burnywood, it started about a month after I got there, if Dennis was angry he would take his anger out on me. At first it was only when he was like really, really angry but then he started doing it all the time."
"Is that why you're so close with Tyler?"
"Sort of, but we made friends the first day I got there and we were already really close when Dennis started hitting me. Anyway, after Dennis would eventually stop hitting me for the day Tyler would come and find me. Then he would give me a hug and just be nice. Now he's the only person who can completely and properly calm me down. Some people can get close but not completely. So anyway I started getting nightmares. Dennis didn't really care what we did so Ty moved his mattress into my bedroom-"
"Is that why he was in here the other night?" She cut me off
"Yeah. So I was getting beat up, I was having nightmares and then I started having panic attacks. I'd also just like to say Rick never hit me. Dennis was going to beat me up, Tyler and Rick already knew about it and they were the only ones there, so I shouted for Mike. But when Mike came in Dennis said that Rick had hit me. And Rick is too good of a friend to tell the truth. Unlike Lizanne. Oh and sorry about the plate. And glass."
"First of all, don't worry about the plate and glass. Secondly, I knew Rick wouldn't hit a girl. Thirdly, Dennis is going to get fired!"