Tears For Fears

Warning: Non-descript non-consensual sex (trigger warning) and some violence. Also genderbent Daniel because I'm obsessed with genderbending.  

Mr. Miyagi was dead. She...she hadn't expected that to happen. Not so soon after she had won the All-Valley Tournament again, and had defended her title with his help. He had seemed fine then. They had trained together, and he hadn't looked ill at all.

What was she going to do now?

She had lived with him, had become just as much a daughter to him as he had become a father to her. She had opened a bonsai store with him. She had...she had done so much with him.

What was Danielle LaRusso without Keisuke Miyagi?

Danielle was all alone now. Her mother was taking care of Danielle's uncle, and Mr. Miyagi was gone. Ali was in UCLA. She had no other friends or family. So where did that leave her? What was she going to do? Where was she going to go? Could she still stay at Mr. Miyagi's?

The rain poured down on her and the grave she stood over. Her eyes tried to blink the raindrops away, as she clutched onto the flag they had given her after Mr. Miyagi had been given a military funeral in honor of his service in the army.

Sniffling, she moved away from the grave and headed to her car, forgoing her usual yellow convertible for one of the others that she'd helped clean up and would better reflect her somber attitude in its dark colors. She got in and gently placed Mr. Miyagi's folded flag onto the seat next to her. She took a moment in the car, just sitting there and staring out the windshield.

Sighing, she shook her head and finally went to start the car. However, a loud bang against her window startled her and she looked out it to see a familiar, unwanted face.

Mike Barnes sneeringly smiled outside her window and she was too tired to deal with him and his games.

Rolling down her window a crack, she gave him a tired look. "What do you want, Barnes? I don't want to deal with you right now."

"Oh, you're going to deal with me right now," he growled and there was something off in his expression, something not right in his eyes.

A horrible feeling settled in the bottom of her stomach, and she felt the instinct to run scream at her. Something wasn't okay with him and she had to get as far away from him as he could. Reaching out to start her car, she panicked as Mike wrenched the door opened and yanked her out of the car and threw her onto the grass.

"What are you doing?!" she shrieked.

"You cost me everything!" he shouted at her.

He reached down to grab her, but she slapped his hands away and got up, taking off from there with a burst of speed. She ran through the cemetery, feet unwillingly pounding onto graves and dodging headstones of the dead. There was a line of trees ahead of her that formed the beginning of the forest surrounding the area. As she heard Mike's heavy steps behind her and feeling like he was catching up (but not daring to look), Danielle ran towards the trees.

She burst through the tree line and into the cover of the forest, making her way into it and getting deeper and deeper.

"Keep running! I'll get you!"

His yell hadn't sounded too far behind her, and she wanted to put more space between them. She had to. She knew if she didn't, something terrible would happen. She wasn't confident enough to fight him, and her fear blinded her anyway. More than of her opponents before, Mike Barnes had always unnerved her.

Johnny and his group had been jerks, but Mike was something else that chilled her to the core.

In a clearing in the forest, she felt herself get tackled to the ground. She screamed and landed on her front, struggling to get Mike off of her. She felt horrible pain as he slammed her head against the ground, making her dazed. Whatever he had planned, she wasn't going to let him go through with it. She'd fight tooth and nail before she'd let Mike win over her.