1

We all sat in silence around the table at the dot staring in to our empty cups. Frankie, Hunter, Diana and my father. Miles is opposite me looking grey.

We were all looking smart in our suits and dresses

We were all looking smart in our suits and dresses. We had been to court.

After Christmas day, we had made regular visits to the police station to be questioned and showing all the evidence we had. Thanks to everyone's statements and his violent behaviour when being arrested. Miles Hollingsworth the II had been declared guilty.

I had expected to feel happy or relieved but I just didn't. Not really.  I didn't know what to feel. I don't think any of us did.

"Shall I get us some more drinks?" My father suggested grimly.

We all nodded our heads apart from Frankie who acted like she didn't hear.
"Honey?" Mrs H asked looking at her expectingly.
Frankie looked up at us all and then burst into tears. Diana immediately got up from her chair and hugged her. She whispered soothing words about how brave she was and how it was for the best. Seeing her cry made a knot form in my stomach. Without a word, I got up from my seat and went outside for some air.

The car was parked outside, I looked at my reflection in the shiny door. I looked rugged from being put through the court. My black dress made me look stern and cold. Everything I wasn't.

I felt an arm around my back and I leant into him.
"Why do I feel like the guilty one?" I ask.

"Because your famous caring trait is kicking in even when it's totally unnecessary." Miles comforts.

"Even though we won, everyone lost something, you and your siblings a father, my dad a friend and your mum a partner. I feel like I didn't have to sacrifice anything important now he's gone. " I frown.

"Olivia, he was never really any of those things to us in the first place

"Olivia, he was never really any of those things to us in the first place. He never loved us properly and he used your father. Don't blame yourself, my mother called the police and we all made the statements. We could have backed out at any time but we stuck by you. He deserved it after what he did to us. Thank God my eye has healed in time for school." Miles reminds me rubbing my arm. He was right, Mr. H deserved what he got to say the least.