"With a good reason," Anderson cut in. "I'm sick of being second choice. Astoria thinks she can just use me whenever her Muggle's not around and I'm tired of it. Besides, I've moved on to bigger and better things."

"Such as?" I prompted, eyeing him skeptically.

Anderson's pompous expression quickly faded as he looked to Harper with wide eyes. "You actually didn't tell anyone? C'mon, mate, this was the one time I actually wanted you to tell everyone my secrets—"

"What secrets?" I questioned, my eyes darting between the two boys.

"Anderson's been snogging a new girl—"

"A new hot girl," Anderson added.

"—named Sadie Morton," Harper explained nonchalantly. "Sixth year Slytherin—"

"And she's blonde," Anderson chimed in, a prideful grin plastered on his lips.

Melody snorted, shaking her head. "Don't listen to him, Mudblood. He's obviously lying."

"I am not lying—"

"What hot, blonde, sixth year girl would ever want to snog the likes of you?" Melody inquired bitingly.

"Sadie Morton, obviously—"

"Hey—let's go to Zonko's," Harper suggested, shoving Anderson and I excitedly toward the bustling shop. "C'mon, Mel, you can come sit inside by yourself like you always like to do."

With Melody and Anderson both grumbling, the four of us entered Zonko's Joke Shop, which was bursting with fervent Hogwarts students. A group of fourth year Gryffindor boys were eagerly checking out the aisle of Screaming Yo-yos, while the corner of love potions was being overrun by giggling girls.

"Look—look!" Anderson hissed, tugging feverishly on my sleeve. "It's her—Sadie Morton!"

I followed his gaze over to the love potion corner and immediately recognized the tall, slender-legged Sadie Morton. Her loose blonde hair flowed flawlessly down her back, and her glowing face was plastered with an ardent smile as she chatted charismatically with her friends.

"Told you he was lying," Melody muttered to me before retreating to her reading seat by the entrance.

"Anderson, I'm sorry, but this girl...there's no way," I insisted, shaking my head as I stared disbelievingly at Sadie Morton.

"Come on, Mud," Anderson groaned. "If you don't believe me, who will?"

"No one," Harper snorted, crossing his arms as he admired Sadie Morton. "The only reason I believe you is because I caught you two snogging in our dormitory—"

"No way," I blurted, my wide eyes darting between Sadie and Anderson unfathomably.

"One of my finest moments, Mud—"

"Vince!" a girlish voice exclaimed, and the three of us turned our attention back to Sadie Morton, who had apparently noticed Anderson. "Come here, Vincey, I want to introduce you to all my girlfriends!"

Anderson wiggled his eyebrows at me before scurrying over to his older, taller girl. "Told you, Mud!" he called back to me before joining the group of sixth year Slytherin girls. "Well, hello, ladies..."

I gawked over at the scene, feeling completely gobsmacked as Harper just smirked next to me.

"Weird, definitely," Harper commented as he watched Sadie—who stood a full head over Anderson—stroke his shaggy black hair. "But...she seems to like him more than Astoria did. Pretty sure he's just her boy-toy, but..."

The Mudbloodजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें