CHAPTER 1 : AFTERMATH

Time: Year 2120
Place : Some where in Borneo Island.

LIFE in Borneo Island was never the same again; although some part of the Island was still green but several areas were off limit.

These areas were once seat of some military complexes and security-related objective which were obliterated during the Limited Nuclear War in the 2060s.

Since then, a lot of incidents had happened all over the globe.

Life aftermath in Borneo and its archipelagos was not pleasant.

The same scenario was happening all over the globe.

Most of the major towns and cities were either destroyed or devastated.

Sixty years after the LNW as it was called, clean water and foods were still scare and rationing was not only common but only available at the Welfare and Relief Post.

Black market was prevalent.

The permanent effect of the nuclear radiation was still visible among the population as most of them had not yet recovered.

A great number of them would never be.

This group of inhabitants became the scum who lived in colonies and were found in the isolated valley, inside caves and tunnels, under the basement of rubbles and any place where life was possible and liveable.

Feeling of resentment towards the government as the initiator of LNW was rampant and deep.

After the war, a new breed of politician took over the rein of government from the old recovering United Nations.

This new government had divided and ruled the whole world into thirteen administrative regions covering the whole face of the earth.

As a result, Borneo Island and its surrounding archipelago came under the jurisdiction of South Asia Zone otherwise called SAZ in short, which had its central headquarters somewhere in Kalimantan.

SAZ covered vast areas including the whole of South Asia, South East Asia, several tiny nations in the Southern Pacific Ocean, Australia to the South Pole.

Yet its effectiveness as the regional headquarters was highly doubtful.

However to make its presence felt, SAZ built a chain of military complex known as the SAZ fortress at several strategic locations all around its jurisdiction.

Here within the four walls of the SAZ Fortress was the home of the local administrators where politics and economic activities were at its best.

It was also the home of several platoons of the dreaded SS Commando.

The SS Commando was a special regiment which was responsible for the total security of the SAZ.

It was empowered to deal with any pockets of resistance within the jurisdiction of the SAZ Fortress.

Comparatively, the SS Commando was far more rigid, brutal and efficient combatant than the SS Guards.

It always brought tears and blood to the scum.

That was the reason why they were called The Bloodhound of the SAZ Fortress.

End of Chapter 1.

Glossary:
LNW : Limited Nuclear War.

SCUM: Another name for ordinary citizens who were neither First Citizens nor Royalist.

SS Guards: A branch of security force that was responsible for upholding the law and order.

SS Commandos: A special squad, the elite military force of the United Republics.

Welfare And Relief Post: Successor of the World Red Cross Organization.

Author's note:
Welcome to my latest novel. Hope you love it.

Happy reading!

09012017 - aboksan.