Troubles

Maria's POV

I was now helping Grandpa in the kitchen,getting things ready for breakfast...

"Maria sit here,I want to talk to you..."

"Okay..."

I sat and he sat across me. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Maria,I just can't let you get in Shadow's way... He's going to have to leave this shuttle to go down to earth and I need him to be ready... Next time I see something like that... I'm afraid I'm going to have to separate you from him..."

"Okay... I understand... I swear it won't happen again..."

I smiled at him and we made some breakfast. I got Shadow's pallets an his energy drink. I put it on a tray and knocked on his door,I didn't get an answer... I opened the door and he was sleeping. I went to his side and placed the tray on his night table. I looked at him. He had a warm smile on his face and he was so peaceful and quiet. I watched him twitch his ears.

I left his tray on the table. I was about to leave when something grabbed me. I gasped.

"Gotcha!"

Shadow grabbed me and tickled my stomach. I giggled and he kept up.

"No,Sh-Shadow... Shh!"

Then he grabbed a pillow am hit my face. Okay,that's it...

"You want to play like that...? Take this!"

I hit him on the face. He hit back and I kept up. We kept hitting each other and feathers flew everywhere... We giggled and laughed. The door swung open. I looked up and grandpa was there. Shadow looked up and he jet his ears jet back. He looked down and tried to hide in the covers. Grandpa looked down and shook his head in sadness...

"Shadow..."

"Yes,professor...?"

He whispered. He kept his head down and his ears were still jet back.

"Go... To your capsule and charge..."

"Yes... Professor..."

Shadow left and I tried to follow him but grandpa stopped me.

"Maria,Maria,Maria what did I tell you this morning...?"

"I know but I just wanted Shad-"

"No,Maria! I said Shadow needed to concentrate! I didn't want to do this but... Maria you're not allowed to see or be around Shadow anymore..."

"What?! No,you can't! Grandpa!"

"Maria,I'm sorry but you can't! He's an experiment!"

"He's a friend! My only friend..."

"Maria,stop your foolishness and grow up!"

He left and I shoved my face into Shadow's pillow. I cried myself to sleep...

I awoke in someone's arms carrying me to my bed... I looked up and Shadow was carrying me. I gasped. He looked down at me and smiled.

"Shadow...?!"

"Oh,you're finally awake... I was just carrying you to your room... And-"

"No,Shadow! I can't...!"

I ran to my room and shut the door hard. I jumped on my bed and cried all day and night...

Next Morning...

Shadow's POV

I awoke up in bed,wondering why I wasn't awoken by Maria... Most of all,why she cried all night...? All night I kept hearing sobbing from her room...

I got up and peeked out my door and no one was there. I looked around the corner to Maria's room. I stood in front of her door and sighed. I raised my hand up to a 90 degrees angle with me elbow and formed my fist knock on the door... I took a deep breath and was about to knock but a voice stopped me...

"You're not about to knock on that door are you...?"

"Um... Oh,professor I was just walking by... And wondered why Maria... You know,didn't wake me up so early this morning..."

"Last night,she had a tough time and she's not in the mood to be talking to anyone... She might not ever get over it..."

"Oh... Okay... I'm sorry... I'll get in my capsule..."