You Gotta Fight... For The Right... To Party. Part 1

Start from the beginning

      “Nah, but my two mates did. I take it you graduated today so a congratulatory high five is in order.” He raised his hand and gave a charming smile.  Lana smiled back and gave him a high five followed by Karis.

      “Sean! Sean, there you are mate.” An Irish voice called out.  Lana’s head turned to the voice and almost groaned aloud at the sight before her.  There stood the arrogant Brennan Kennedy, the uncle to the little boy she has nannied for the past three years.  The first time they met he suggested they take off to the nearest closet.  His sister and nephew were like family to her.  So much so that she spent every major holiday with the family since being employed by them.  Those were the times she was most exposed to Brennan.  Every holiday he would have a new girl and an arrogant smirk permanently plastered on his face.  She was usually able to ignore most people but he brought out a fire in her.  He was always making lewd childish comments and trying to rile her up.  Brennan approached Sean and slapped him on the back.  He turned to the girls and upon seeing Lana, his face morphed into that ghastly smirk.

“Well, Well, Little Lana came to a big kid’s party.” He taunted.  He turned to Sean and said, “Trust me Sean, you’re wasting your time on this one.  I’ve known her for about three years.  She’s uptight and no fun.” 

Lana could feel her whole body heat up.  She took a step toward Brennan with a glare in her eyes and her hands on her hips.

      “I’m sorry, Brennan but yet again your facts are wrong.  You haven’t ‘known’ me for three years, you have known OF me for three years.  The only time you have been in my presence was when I was around your family.  Therefore you ‘know’ nothing about me,” she turns toward Sean and continued, “I’m extremely fun.  Brennan just gets confused because his idea of fun usually requires a shot of penicillin.”

      Sean busted out laughing while Brennan continued to smirk at her.

      “You do realize you are dressed like a librarian, right?  You’re at a college party; no one wants to have fun with someone who looks like a chaperone.  Not to mention every time I’ve seen you over the past three years you have never had your hair down.  I’m guessing a tight bun for a tight arse.”  He teased.  He folded his arms in front of his chest, his face displaying arrogance with a hint of gloating.  Lana was livid.  How dare he talk to her that way?  She took another step from the wall.

      “Fine! You want fun, I’ll show you fun you big idiot!” she snapped at him.  She kicked off her shoes while the three others watched her curiously.  She unbuttoned her cardigan and yanked it off and threw it on the floor in front of her.  She slid off her leggings and added them to the pile on the floor.  Lastly she ripped the pins from her bun and shook out the twist.  Her wavy golden blonde hair cascaded down to the middle of her back.  She threw the bundle of bobby pins in her hand at a wide eyed Brennan, which made him laugh. He looked her up and down.  He had to admit, he was impressed.  Standing before him was no longer the uptight looking snob he always saw.  Now before him was a little sex kitten in a red dress that made her skin luminescent.  The way her angry eyes were blazing at him didn’t help.  He wanted to grab her and kiss her right on her pouty mouth. 

      She gathered her clothes and slipped her black flats back on her feet.  She tossed her bundle in a corner of the kitchen.  Karis let out a whoop and slapped her friend a high five for her new found confidence.  Lana eyed the three of them.

      “Are you ready to have some fun?”

      “Hell Yeah!” Karis yelled.  She jumped forward and weaseled her way between two people at the drink counter and started pouring them shots of Fireball.  She made some room for her friends and Lana slid in beside her.  Sean and Brennan looked at each other and smiled.