“Are you sure?” he questions. I nod and turn to walk back down the corridor. Loyally Ollie does the same and begins to walk by my side. “I need to go in there by myself,” I explain.

“Okay, I’ll wait over there,” he responds giving me one last hug for support before retreating back down the corridor.

Much calmer I knock on the door. It takes a while for Georgie to answer but eventually she opens the door. “What do you want?” she asks sulkily.

“Normal people don’t invite bitches from the past to their sister’s wedding,” I say.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she retorts.

 “It’s meant to mean that something must have gone on in your life to make you think it was okay to do this. So what was it?” I ask demandingly.

“As if you care,” she replies petulantly.

“I do care. Not for you, for myself. For once in my life I have the upper hand here but I am not going to do what you did to me. I am not going to get some pathetic joy in revelling in your misery. So go on then, what happened?” I question.

“So you’re doing all this because…”

“Because I don’t want to be you,” I interrupt. We stand at other ends of the door staring at each other in defiance neither of us speaking a word. Eventually I decide to break the silence. “You may as well just tell me now because I am not going to leave until you do,” I inform her. With a sigh she diverts her gaze to the floor. “Things aren’t going too great,” she admits in a whisper. I recognize her situation immediately. So many times I stared down at the floor muttering my failures in embarrassment to my family. Despite what she has done I can’t help but feel a swell of pity for her. “I figured. So are you going to let me in so we can talk about this properly?” I ask. She nods and opens the door to let me pass. I walk in and settle myself on the couch while she awkwardly settles herself on a seat opposite me. “Go on then,” I encourage her.

“You know how I left my job to set up that business with my friend?” she asks me.

“I believe the exact phrase you used was ‘moving on to bigger and better things as your talents were going to waste’,” I correct her. She looks at me in exasperated anger and realising my mistake I mutter an apology. “Well things aren’t going to great since my business partner decided to ditch me and the business to ‘travel the world’ taking my boyfriend with her,” she explains.

“You mean she…”

“They had been sleeping together for months,” she clarifies.  

“So what about the business?” I inquire.

“I have no option, I am going to have to give up. I have no job and I have so much debt and I’m scared,” she admits.

“What’s the problem?” I ask.

“No money and no publicity. I can’t get it off the ground,” she responds.

“How much?” I question.

“What?” Georgie asks.

“How much money do you need?” I question.

“I am ten thousand pounds in debt and to be able to start this business I probably need another five,” she answers.

“Fifteen thousand? I could lend you that,” I reply.

“I am not a charity case,” she snaps.

“I know you’re not. That’s why you will pay me back the second you can,” I inform her.

“Well thanks but that still doesn’t solve the problem that no one is interested,” she points out.

“Ollie’s agent could pull some strings. I am sure Chelsea wouldn’t mind doing me a favour,” I tell her.

“So you just wave a magic wand and everything is sorted?” she asks.

“Like you said, I got to where I am by a bit of luck. Well here’s your luck. You’re my sister, I don’t want you to be miserable so I am going to help, if you’ll let me of course,” I explain.

“All this for nothing?” she asks suspiciously.

“No not for nothing,” I answer her.

“Then what?”

“You need to apologize first,” I inform her. She looks at me as if what I have suggested she do is some impossible task and not just one simple word. But then her expression changes to one of defeat and with a sigh she considers the word. “Sorry,” she finally mutters. Realising that’s the best I will be able to get out of her I decide to accept it. “Okay, I’ll get in touch and let you know how things are going,” I inform her.

“Thanks,” she says quietly but unlike her apology it is genuine.

“It’s okay. I understand what you’re going through and I know we’re not the closest of siblings but if you need someone to talk to I am there,” I add. She just nods. Not wanting to outstay my welcome I get up to leave. “Hey, Izzie,” Georgie calls cautiously.

“Yes?”

“Would you mind not telling Mum and Dad? I was kind of hoping to get it sorted before I would have to tell them because I know how disappointed they’d be,” she asks. It must be denting her pride to ask this of me so I sympathetically offer her an immediate answer. “I promise I won’t tell them,” I assure her.

“Thanks,” she says, again genuinely. “And the whole Natasha thing was out of order, is there anything I can do?” she asks much to my surprise. I am so shocked that it takes me a while to answer her.

“No, its fine we can deal with it. And I didn’t mean it when I said you weren’t invited,” I reply.

“Well I promise to accidentally spill my champagne on her or something. We can just say your clumsiness runs in the family,” she jokes. With a jolt I realise this is the first time I have joked with my sister in years.

“See we don’t have to hate each other,” I say light-heartedly. Georgie smiles and laughs lightly. A few moments later Georgie really takes me by surprise. She hugs me. It is an extremely awkward hug but a hug none the less. I think I’ve finally lost an enemy and gained a sister. After over two decades we have finally got somewhere but I suppose it doesn't matter how long it took us to get here. All that matters is that we got there in the end.