Mother Of The Year

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Why because you put demon blood in me?" I took a step forward, but Jace held me back so I couldn't charge at the man. "I don't see the point in that if you think that demon blood is so evil. What's the point, really?"

"To fight fire with fire." Valentine said like I should know this. Jace glared at him one last time before pulling me along the edge of the boat. "I wouldn't jump if I were you."

"Why? Because we're your ultimate weapon?"

One of Valentine's follower's - Scott, I think - was walking by us. Valentine grabbed him and shoved his face near the edge. My eyes widen when Scott began screaming while it looked like his face was begin dragged across a cement floor. Valentine held on to Scott until half his face got burned off. He didn't even bat an eye as he tossed Scott aside.

Jace and I looked at Valentine in shock. "That warlock is infamous for crimes against mundanes." Was all he could justify. "There's something else I want you to see."

》》》》

After getting over our shock, Valentine Portaled us to some pizza place. Out of everyone on the boat it had to be Scott who got his face shoved, not Stark.

Reggie's Pizza Parlor. It was all boarded up and dusted. It seemed like this place hasn't got any business in years.

"We're stopping for pizza?" Jace asked boredly.

"Reggie served the best pie in all of Brooklyn. Note the past tense." Valentine inhaled deeply. Oh, great, story time. "When Reggie's wife, Maria, turned into a vampire, she slaughtered Reggie and created a den inside."

"What does this have to do with us?"

Valentine walked in front of us and held our shoulders, "You really think love will keep you from hurting your family and friends? No matter how hard you fight it, demon blood will make you kill. It starts in a small way. Urges. See, that's why you want Clary, and that is why you always will." Valentine turned his gaze towards me. "The same way you will always want Alec."

I sharpened my gaze at him. Valentine goes anywhere near Alec, I'll torture him so slowly that he's going to wish for death.

We heard a woman scream inside, Jace and I gave each other a little nod before making our way in. Well, I was until Valentine grabbed my arm. "What now?" I snapped.

"I want Jonathan to handle this pest problem. You two are strong as one, but are you as strong separated?"

I was about to retort but Jace cut me off, "I got it, Sam."

He didn't give me time to respond before he rushed inside. I heard more people screaming and couldn't help but pace around. Jace, alone, with a nest of vampires. I know he can take care of himself, but he needs backup. My head snapped towards the building when I heard a loud crash. Fuck this, I'm not staying here.

I ran inside, ignoring Valentine's call. I don't care what he thinks, what he believes, but my brother needs me. When I opened the door I see Jace blocking the door, where the nest started slamming their bodies against.

"Sam!" He yelled.

I grabbed the wooden pizza peel and broke it in half. "Give them hell!" I shouted as I tossed the other half to him.

He caught it and moved away from the door. A swarm of vampires came rushing at us. Jace swung his shovel end at one while I ducked under it to stab the other. Note to self: bring seraph next time.

Jace flipped his peel and stabbed the vampire behind him. I kicked another vampire before staking him. Jace threw his at me and I ducked in time for it to impale another vampire. I elbowed the last vampire before flipping him over. I tossed my end to Jace and he stabbed it.

We were both breathing heavily as we looked up. A girl - who I assume is Maria - was dragging her talons against the wall. "Pretty strong, even for Shadowhunters." She said.

"You were feeding on innocent mundanes." Jace said as we held our weapons.

Maria licked her hand, "A girl's gotta eat."

She smiled at us before baring her fangs. She ran at Jace and they went crashing through the window. "Jace!" I yelled.

I ran over to the opening and see him catching up to her. I held my weapon tight as she snarled at us. "You're done. You're done." Jace said as he held his stake up.

"You can't kill me."

"Watch me."

Jace went after her, but that little bitch held her hands up and said, "I surrender to the authority of the Clave." Damn it! She started laughing. "Aw, look at you. You got your stick all ready to go and now you can't use it."

"You broke the Accords. You killed innocent mundanes. And like your friends, you're gonna die." I sneered.

"But unlike them, I'm no longer a threat. I know my rights."

I scoffed, "Your rights?"

"Yeah, my rights. I might have broken the Accords, but I know you two won't."

"You don't know anything about us." Jace said.

"I know you're weak." She started sniffing the air. "I can smell it. And you'll do whatever the Clave tells you to do. Now, get off of me." She pushed the stake out of Jace's hands.

"Don't touch him." I sneered.

She turned her gaze to me, "And who are you? Their little cheerleader?" She sniffed the air again. "Oh, that's very interesting. All I can smell from you is darkness."

"That's rich coming from you. The evil bitch who killed her own husband in cold blood."

She bared her fangs at me, "Leave my husband out of this!"

She knocked Jace to the floor and ran at me. When she was close enough, I wrapped my arm around her neck and plunged the stake in her. Maria screamed before her body turned to dust in the wind.

Valentine smiled at me, "Ah, that's my girl." I ignored him as I pulled Jace up.

We heard something cocked and looked to see Jocelyn holding her crossbow at us. It wasn't at Valentine, it was at Jace and me. She let the arrow fly, but Valentine ran in front of us. The arrow landed in his shoulder. Jocelyn's trying to kill us. How could she? Clary said...

I couldn't even finish my thought as Jocelyn began notching another arrow. "Run, kids. They want you dead." Valentine said.

Jace and I grabbed Valentine and ran through the Portal. Jocelyn would have loved us, Clary? Yeah, right.

》》》》

A/N: No Stark in this chapter. Alec 3, Stark 0. Who will win Sam's heart?

And sorry for this boring chapter. Not one of my best.