Concept // Kenma x Reader // Requested

People hardly ever treated you as a girl. With your messy hair, sporty clothes and your knees and elbows always scraped, you really were a tomboy. The ace of Nekoma's female soccer team. You got on well with boys more than you did with girls and they would call you their 'bro' often. All the girls in your class were kinda envious about this, so you had some issues in the past. Once the most popular girl in your class - a real life bitch actually - spread the rumour that you were a lesbian and attempted to touch her butt, which wasn't true.

The matter was that you liked boys, but each one you had fallen for since junior high always treated you like a mate, like a bro, and actually forgot that you were a girl.

Sometimes you found yourself in awkward situations, too. For example, boys you were talking to ended up making appreciation on other girls and saying things like "She has such big breasts that make one wanna touch them, don't you agree?" or "Doesn't she make you wanna do dirty things?" in the most natural way, as if you were a boy. In those situations, you'd normally laugh but lately you felt upset about it. You were tired of being treated like a boy, so you decided that you'd try to look more like a girl, at least outside of the soccer field.

And when you showed up with make up on your face and your hair down instead of the usual ponytail, people would look astounded as if they had seen a rare unicorn.

However, you kept wondering why you suddenly wanted to be like that.

The reason was simple. You had fallen for a boy in your class.

He was not like the others. You were friends with all the guys in your class except him, who didn't seem to care about human relations at all.

"Good morning, Kozume" you would say, and he'd barely answer. And when he did, you'd always get monosyllabic answers. That small boy whose head looked like a pudding with chocolate on its top was always busy with videogames.

"Ne, Kozume. Don't you have a life beyond that stuff?" you ironically stated once.

"I heard that Kozume plays volleyball" another boy spoke for him.

"Is that true?" you asked. As his ears catched these words, he let go of the consolle and had a shy look at you. Then he replied a faint "Yes".

"Wow, [Surname]! He spoke to you!" that guy mocked him "And oh my, this is hilarious! You're a girl - really? - and play soccer while he's a boy and plays volleyball!"

"What do you mean? I happen to be a girl, thanks for having noticed that. And also, volleyball is not necessarily a sport for girls" you calmly replied even though my hands itched and you wanted to punch him on his nose. You'd never be that angry and the brat seemed to notice, so he went away.

You got to know about it when talking to Yamamoto. The volleyball club was in need of a new manager.

"And we guys would like it if it were a girl!" he exclaimed.

You didn't answer. You were thinking about it.

Would Kozume like that too?

"Ne, Bro. Don't you happen to know any girl who may be interested?"

"Me" you said. This monosyllabic answer made you think about the Pudding Guy again.

"YOU?!"

"Yeah, me. I'm a girl, you know"

So you became the manager of Nekoma Volleyball Club. You actually strived a bit to conciliate this new task with your soccer practice, but you didn't mind. You were finally able to see Kozume playing in his crimson uniform. You thought red really suited him.