I nod at her, grab the papers with all the problems written down, grab my math textbook and stand up and walk to the door. Once I'm at the door, I turn around and mouth 'good luck' to Josh. He smiles in return. I exit the classroom and drop my stuff onto the floor a few feet away. I sit next to my stuff and grab a random piece of paper with math problems on it. Opening my math book to the correct page, I start the long process of catching up on the work.

"Evie," I jump suddenly at Mrs. Flemington's voice, "class is almost over and everyone has finished their test. You can come back in."

"Okay, I'll be right in." I respond as my heart calms down from the jump scare. Mrs. Flemington smiles in return and walks back into the classroom. I pile up the problems I've finished and the problems I still need to do. I grab my math book and papers, stand up, and head back into the room.

When I enter the room, I immediately spot Josh looking at me smugly. I cock my eyebrow in confusion as I walk to my desk.

"Aced it." He says smugly as I sit down.

I scoff at him, "I'm pretty sure she lied to you."

"No," Josh responded hotly, "I know I aced that test."

"Keep telling yourself that." I snicker.

"Stop being such a bully Evie." Josh whines.

"Stop being such a baby." I mimic him.

"Shut up." He mumbles and I laugh at him.

The bell rings and I finish putting my stuff in my backpack. I see Josh stand up with his backpack and start walking towards the door. Of course he wouldn't wait for me.

I pick up my backpack and follow him out the door. Josh is there leaning against the wall right outside the classroom. I grin at him.

"I thought you were going to ditch me."

"Me? Ditch you? How could you suggest such a thing?" Josh says sarcastically with mock hurt.

"You're so full of crap." I say smiling. Josh scoffs at me but doesn't respond.

We reach my communications class and stop. I look at Josh.

"It's nice to see you back Evie." He says.

"It's nice to be back," I respond, "see you in science."

"See you." Josh respond as he starts walking to his next class.

I enter the classroom and immediately here my name being squealed.

"Evie!" Katherine squeals as she rushes over to me. She tackles me into a hug and I try to control my face from turning red from embarrassment.

"Katherine." I say breathily as she squeezes me so hard I almost can't breathe.

"Where have you been?" Katherine asks as she lets go of me.

I wince. I was hoping that she wouldn't ask me that. Katherine seemed to sense my hesitation and dropped the subject.

"Anyway, you missed a ton, kind of. We finished the movie, and took a few quizzes on Romeo and Juliet, and we read some more." Katherine rambles about what they did while I was gone. As she is talking, we both head toward our seats.

"Well, that sounds like fun." I say dully as I sit down. Katherine follows my lead and sits down in her desk next to mine.

"Yep. Tons of fun." Katherine responds sarcastically.

I laugh at her sarcastic tone, but am interrupted by Mr. Johnston.

"Evie, it's good to see you back. How are you." He called from the front of the room.