"Sure. Or we could go to my house, if you want." I nodded. Luke quickly separated from me and let go of my hands, like he too was suddenly conscious of the fact we were in public.

"Let's go to your house." Luke smiled.

I let out a big sigh and picked up my bag off the floor, hoping that Ashton wouldn't pop up in time to catch me leaving with Luke.

I knew that I had to end things soon with Ashton, I just wasn't sure how. I loved hanging out with Ashton before we started dating but now everything just seemed so awkward between us. I needed to find a way to break up with him while still making sure that we stayed friends, I just couldn't find a way how to.

"It really sucks that you have a boyfriend." Luke said, glancing at me from behind him as he walked down the hall.

"Why is that?" I called up to him.

"Because I wanted to kiss you."

-

"Are you going to eat that?" I asked. Luke and I had cooked a box of mac n' cheese for dinner and he hadn't even touched his bowl yet.

"I'm not hungry." Luke said blankly as he stared off into space.

"You just wasted half a box of mac n' cheese." I rolled my eyes at him. "I thought you liked mac n' cheese."

"I do, I'm just not hungry." Luke shrugged. I picked up Luke's bowl and carried it into the kitchen with mine, hoping that someone would come home later and eat what Luke didn't.

Making sure that Luke didn't see me, I ran into the living room and grabbed a pillow off the couch. I silently slid across the floor until I was close behind Luke, then I threw the pillow at him. He turned around as it hit him, a huge grin spreading across his face.

Luke hopped off the chair and grabbing the pillow off the floor before turning around and whacking me with it.

"That's not fair, let me get another pillow!" I yelped, hurrying off into the living room to find something to protect myself with.

"No!" Luke ran up behind me and grabbed me by the waist, pulling me down onto the ground with him. He still had the pillow in his hand, so as soon as I stopped wiggling around in his grasp Luke hit me with it again.

"You have an advantage, Lucas Robert." I laughed, using the same words that Luke had the last time we were in a similar situation.

"Oh please, Stella Anne, you always have an advantage." Luke rolled his eyes. He shifted so he was now straddling me as I laid with my back on the floor.

"And what's that?" I asked, trying to grab the pillow out of Luke's hands.

"Being so pretty is definitely an advantage." Luke said. He held the pillow up even higher so I wasn't able to reach it.

"You're so lame." I chuckled, hiding the fact that I was blushing from his comment. I grabbed onto Luke's shoulders and was somehow able to flip him over, so it was now me sitting on him. But he still had the pillow.

"You're lame." Luke countered, hitting me right in the face with the pillow.

"You're...lamer." I laughed at my choice of words.

"That's not even a word!" Luke yelled. He lifted up the pillow to hit me again but I stopped him this time.

"Says who?" I asked.

"Says the AP English student!" Luke giggled.

"You just giggled!" I shouted, making me laugh even more.